Woodwind Snorkeling Trips-# of people

Rebels82

1 hour ago, new_cruiser said:

I was told that they need a minimum of 10. I'd be interested in someone who does smaller trips - we will be there on a 300 passenger ship (Windstar Wind Surf) so might not make the minimum.

Try aqua fun bonaire. You just need 4 people. He supplies the equipment and it goes to Klein bonaire and another spot. $55 a person. We had 6 with us since I posted on my roll call and i thought it was great!

20 hours ago, Rebels82 said:

The smaller number the better...I have been kicked in the head enough on snorkeling trips.

Which was the big reason we went with aqua fun. I had a good time but in retrospect, I would have just paid $25 a head and taken water taxi to Klein bonaire. My husband and I are experienced snorkelers and after contacting woodwind and seeing what exactly the excursion was, we decided it was just not for us. We dont like big groups with a guide and dont care about lunch and drinks. We have our water and protein bars and just go off on our own (usually eat a big protein breakfast). I know they have a lot of fans on here and they have excellent reviews but we prefer small groups of 6 or less.

Thanks for the Aqua Fun suggestion. I was very impressed with the quick response I received when I asked them a question. We will be booking with them. LOVE the small group of people.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, Rebels82 said:

Thanks for the Aqua Fun suggestion. I was very impressed with the quick response I received when I asked them a question. We will be booking with them. LOVE the small group of people.

You'll have a good time!

• 2 weeks later...

Just so others know, when we went on Woodwind a couple years ago, there were 18-20 people (I think 2 did not snorkel). They divided us up into groups of 6, each with a guide, and spaced the groups out. Looking forward to going with them again in February!

• Like 3

On 7/17/2019 at 2:10 PM, WisCruiser2 said:

Just so others know, when we went on Woodwind a couple years ago, there were 18-20 people (I think 2 did not snorkel). They divided us up into groups of 6, each with a guide, and spaced the groups out. Looking forward to going with them again in February!

Same for us.  I didn’t find it crowded at all, in the water or on the boat.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/4/2019 at 1:03 PM, jean87510 said:

Which was the big reason we went with aqua fun. I had a good time but in retrospect, I would have just paid $25 a head and taken water taxi to Klein bonaire. My husband and I are experienced snorkelers and after contacting woodwind and seeing what exactly the excursion was, we decided it was just not for us. We dont like big groups with a guide and dont care about lunch and drinks. We have our water and protein bars and just go off on our own (usually eat a big protein breakfast). I know they have a lot of fans on here and they have excellent reviews but we prefer small groups of 6 or less.

Does aquafun drift snorkel at both of their stops?

2 minutes ago, flob said:

Does aquafun drift snorkel at both of their stops?

At klein bonaire they dropped us off, we walked down to the markers then snorkeled/drifted down to the boat. The other stop we got into the water and snorkeled around. He showed us where to go. If you take the ferry to Klein, you do the same thing. Put your stuff down, walk to the markers then drift/snorkel back. It's pretty rustic way to do it. If you're a decent snorkeler, a good swimmer, have your own stuff and dont like to be part of a group and dont need the meals/snacks I'd just take a ferry to Klein bonaire or use aqua fun if you want an additional stop. Hope this helps. We will be in bonaire in January with a car this time and plan to explore other snorkeling spots on the island and if we have time, take the ferry back to Klein bonaire for an hour or so.

40 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

At klein bonaire they dropped us off, we walked down to the markers then snorkeled/drifted down to the boat. The other stop we got into the water and snorkeled around. He showed us where to go. If you take the ferry to Klein, you do the same thing. Put your stuff down, walk to the markers then drift/snorkel back. It's pretty rustic way to do it. If you're a decent snorkeler, a good swimmer, have your own stuff and dont like to be part of a group and dont need the meals/snacks I'd just take a ferry to Klein bonaire or use aqua fun if you want an additional stop. Hope this helps. We will be in bonaire in January with a car this time and plan to explore other snorkeling spots on the island and if we have time, take the ferry back to Klein bonaire for an hour or so.

Thanks. We will be there in January as well. Thanks for the info, enjoy your time on Bonaire!