W...Water For Safety
O...Oh's and Awe's
R...Rainbow Colors
K...Kids of All Ages Enjoying
S...Silent...Bedtime:classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

Happy 4th Everyone! 

Screenshot_20190704-084741_Chrome.jpg

Down another 1/2" which might not seem huge but it puts me back in my capris. Not that I don't want a new outfit for the cruise but I don't want to NEED to buy all new things. Just 1 .... onto a new previously unreachable goal ..... 1 mile walk (no inclines yet) + 1" smaller waist (and all the other non-track losses) 

Winewanderer, sometimes no gain IS as good as a loss

Retiring soon, 👍

Belle, love the inspirational sayings 

Edited by Ombud
Typo
  • Like 2

Belle, great poem.  Thanks

Jo and Ombud, good job  Congrats on the losses.

Diana, I would be happy with staying the same this week.

I am up .02, which now puts me at .08 until final goal weight.   I leave in two weeks for my cruise and I wanted to be slightly under goal to give myself some wiggle room.   I really need to step it up.

Everyone, have a fun and safe 4th of July.

Rose

• Like 1

Weighed myself this morning and am up 1.4# ... now I need to get back to work on getting the weight off (total of 4.8# up from both vacations) ... My daughter is getting married September 28th, so I have a goal to get to by the beginning of September .... Jan

Hope everyone had av great day on the 4th. I had a fun day with a few friends. Went out to lunch

and then played cards till 11 pm.  Didn't weigh till this morning and happy yo say I stayed the same

for the week. Hope it doesn't change tomorrow.

Diana at least like me you didn't gain. I know we want loss's.

Jo nice your down a pound. Know you were having trouble with snacks.

Ombud nice job losing more and getting into the capris.

Rose you can do it in 2 weeks for your cruise. Less than a pound. Rose where are you going?

Jan glad you had a great time with son and family camping. You had 2 trips together

bet some water weight. You'll get it off soon.

Cruises42 good loss towards your cruise. When and where are you going?

Have a good weekend everyone.  Let's try to come in and talk each day, maybe help us

to stay on track. Only takes a few minutes. Do that instead of snacking.  OK?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belle said:

Hope everyone had av great day on the 4th. I had a fun day with a few friends. Went out to lunch

and then played cards till 11 pm.  Didn't weigh till this morning and happy yo say I stayed the same

for the week. Hope it doesn't change tomorrow.

Diana at least like me you didn't gain. I know we want loss's.

Jo nice your down a pound. Know you were having trouble with snacks.

Ombud nice job losing more and getting into the capris.

Rose you can do it in 2 weeks for your cruise. Less than a pound. Rose where are you going?

Jan glad you had a great time with son and family camping. You had 2 trips together

bet some water weight. You'll get it off soon.

Cruises42 good loss towards your cruise. When and where are you going?

Have a good weekend everyone.  Let's try to come in and talk each day, maybe help us

to stay on track. Only takes a few minutes. Do that instead of snacking.  OK?

Aug. 26, 14 day Alaska (on the Amsterdam). I'm the person who asked you about the Uber on the West Coast thread. Is there any reason you didn't take a cab to the airport? I see that it is less expensive than Uber.

Cruises42 I almost took that cruise on the Amsterdam, same date. Didn't work out.

Wish I could of taken it. All the ports you get to see. Your going to have a good time seeing Alaska.

I don't remember going on the west coast thread. I talked about taking Lift  when SW cancelled

my flight at last minute on here when I got back. Had to fly to Burbank instead of LAX. A Taxi to San Pedro 

was a lot more than the Lift. That's the only time I've taken a Lift and never have taken a Uber.

Hi, all,

Sorry I missed Thursday's weigh-in.  And I REALLY missed it, not just forgot to report back on it.  I came crashing off my eating plan about a week ago, and I am struggling to get back on track.  Company in over this holiday weekend, and I'm not even thinking about diet or exercise (although we are trying to muster the strength to play some golf today, if we can get over the humidity).  One small saving grace is that when I overindulge nowadays, it's much less than in the past.  That goes for food and drink.  I know I will turn it back around.

Belle, thanks as always for the words of inspiration!  Sounds like folks had a pretty good week.  (and I'll come back each day to check in - that's a great idea)

Diana, at least no loss also means no gain!

Jo, great loss of one pound, and Ombud, inches off are sometimes even better (don't you love fitting back into something?)!

Rose, congrats on being so close to goal.  You sound very determined to lose before your cruise - I'm sure you'll make it!

Jan, glad you had fun on your vacations - a wedding is great motivation to get back on track!

Cruises42, congrats on 1#!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!  

Andrea

Hi all!

cruises42 ~ I did that Amsterdam cruise round trip from Seattle Aug 24/14 & had a great time. Weather was good

& saw a lot of lovely scenery, 1 bear, eagles, whales etc. It's a lovely ship & great itinerary.

Andrea ~ even though you crashed off your plan you know you can always start again, that's the beauty of it!

Belle ~ was the earthquake anywhere near you or Diana?

Have a nice weekend. Going to be a hot one here.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Belle, we are doing Bermuda, Labadee, St Martin, and Puerto Rico.  It's a nine day cruise leaving from Bayonne, NJ.   I am hoping to not have a gain, but we will see.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Rose

Good  afternoon or evening..whenever your reading this.

Andrea I know it's hard to stay on track on the time. That's why we keep coming on here.

Yes even if we do badly it's not as bad as we would of done before. We can never give up.

Jo the earthguake was in the Mojave Desert, southern Calif.  Not by Diana but some

say they felt it up that way. I wouldn't think that but Diana has to answer that.  I'm fine,

never felt anything.

Rose nice cruise. Are you going with your husband or other family members.  

21 hours ago, Belle said:

Cruises42 I almost took that cruise on the Amsterdam, same date. Didn't work out.

Wish I could of taken it. All the ports you get to see. Your going to have a good time seeing Alaska.

I don't remember going on the west coast thread. I talked about taking Lift  when SW cancelled

my flight at last minute on here when I got back. Had to fly to Burbank instead of LAX. A Taxi to San Pedro 

was a lot more than the Lift. That's the only time I've taken a Lift and never have taken a Uber.

I just went back and looked. It was a Belle with a number after the name. I wasn't paying attention and thought it was you. This will be our 4th Alaska cruise but the first time seeing quite a few of the ports.

10 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

cruises42 ~ I did that Amsterdam cruise round trip from Seattle Aug 24/14 & had a great time. Weather was good

& saw a lot of lovely scenery, 1 bear, eagles, whales etc. It's a lovely ship & great itinerary.

Andrea ~ even though you crashed off your plan you know you can always start again, that's the beauty of it!

Belle ~ was the earthquake anywhere near you or Diana?

Have a nice weekend. Going to be a hot one here.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Really looking forward to all the ports! This is our first time on HAL. Any tips?

Hello,

Jo, we're near Sacramento so nowhere near the quake area. Didn't feel a thing here.

Glad some had success, others of us need to buckle down.........

Tried not to do too much extra eating over the holiday.

Have a good day. Diana

Hi all!

Belle ~ you'd be so proud of me! I gave into the temptation to make some popcorn last night.

I also bypassed Cheezies & chips in the supermarket. I will get some peanut butter pretzels when I go

to a nearby city for lunch tomorrow but don't eat many of them at a time. I also crave chocolate a lot but don't have any here.

Glad to hear neither of you from CA had problems with earthquakes. I read somewhere that a person was cancelling their cruise because of the devastation but can't find the article.

cruises42 ~ I really liked HAL. They're a step above my usual CCL & NCL, more refined, with fresh flowers around, keep more to the rules & the ships (Amsterdam & Rotterdam) were a nice size. I loved that HAL Alaska itinerary with unusual ports.

Have a nice week folks! Don't know what Thursday will bring as I'm eating out twice this week, once a Christmas in July!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Cruises42 that's alright. I know you see the name Belle and think of me because I'm one of a kind!:classic_biggrin:

Jo you did a great job with the snacks...Proud of you!👍

If someone cancelled was because they had damage. The earthquake was in the desert not near

the ports in San Pedro or Long Beach.

Everyone have a good Monday and the rest of the week!:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Happy Monday everyone!  We were visiting family over the holiday, so I didn't weigh in on Thursday. 

I suspect I'm up a little, but will see on Thursday.  I'm finishing a round of prednisone for an unexplained bout of itchy rash, plus travel so I haven't been as active.  I have another 5K this Saturday - I think I'm going to try speed walking the entire thing.  Last race I leapfrogged with a speed walker during my runs, but ultimately couldn't keep up so I think a speed walk might give me a better overall time and less joint stress.

Next week we go to NY state for our children's quizzing competition.  10 meals of college cafeteria food, so I'll have to be careful about portions and choices.  After that we will spend a week at Niagara Falls (both sides) so I'll miss 2 weigh-ins.  At least at Niagara we should do a lot of walking.

Pac you do great doing these races no matter if you walk or run.

Sounds like NY will be a fun time..1st week a little stress and 2nd week sightseeing and exercising!

Hope everyone is doing well today.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone on this Tuesday. What happen to us talking more through the week?

I've been doing good but tonight had to have bread with peanut butter. Why?

Have friends visiting  tomorrow, just  going out to lunch. Going to meet them at the

door and push them out..didn't clean my house.:classic_tongue:  Didn't feel like it!:classic_ohmy:  Thank goodness they

love me, dirty house and all. Plus I have a gift for them from Alaska. What's not to love.

No really, let them in for a minute! They might have to use the bathroom after driving!:classic_biggrin:

Everyone  have a great day. Rain or shine. Cold or hot. 

Good morning!

Belle, I remember someone saying once they came to see me not my house.  If you are really concerned, it's amazing what 15 minutes can accomplish.  I know after a long drive I would appreciate a bathroom and would likely have tunnel vision that I wouldn't notice the house condition either way 😉 

I have meal planning on the agenda for today, and probably some walking.  What is everyone else's health goals for today?