Considering Windstar

irishayes

We're in our early 40's and found ourselves on the "youngish" side of the passenger base during our first WS sailing. We met some very nice fellow passengers and had great conversation that didnt feel forced; most folks were just genuinely friendly.

In addition to the comments posted above, one of the things we liked about Windstar was feeling like we didn't "need" to be somewhere. We were totally relaxed just going at our own pace. After awhile, the large cruise ship jam packed activities schedules, crowds for tender tickets, etc. started to give us a bit of anxiety and I didnt miss that at all on WS.

And yes, the glorious staff! 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 8:56 PM, minidonuts85 said:

We're in our early 40's and found ourselves on the "youngish" side of the passenger base during our first WS sailing. We met some very nice fellow passengers and had great conversation that didnt feel forced; most folks were just genuinely friendly.

In addition to the comments posted above, one of the things we liked about Windstar was feeling like we didn't "need" to be somewhere. We were totally relaxed just going at our own pace. After awhile, the large cruise ship jam packed activities schedules, crowds for tender tickets, etc. started to give us a bit of anxiety and I didnt miss that at all on WS.

And yes, the glorious staff! 🙂

Exactly right.  This is a great description.  

• Like 1

I am elite plus on Celebrity. Celebrity used to be better. After too many Celebrity cruises, it became boring. With recent cutbacks and price increases, I decided it was time to try other cruise lines. There are so many choices when it comes to booking a cruise.  Windstar is unlike most cruise ships. No request is too much. Guests and crew smile. Food is superb. Windstar is so relaxing. While not perfect, it is really close. If only they included reliable WiFi, it would be great.