Tropicante - Fishing for 2 - Worth it?

Rizzorp

I will be going to Costa Maya next year on a cruise and will be going back to the Tropicante again.  Last time we just hung out on the beach drinking, eating and got a massage.  This time I was contemplating going fishing with my dad for a bit.  I see he uses Jorge to set up things with the locals.  Anyone done the fishing and had luck catching fish that the Tropicante then cooked like the ads on their website?  Trying to decide if I want to go do that........   Thanks!

Jorge is Steve's "concierge"/ general manager/ all around guy.  He knows just about everyone in the village and along the malecon.  Mahahual is/ was a fishing village. All the fish you see in most beach clubs were caught in that area.

Depending on what type of fishing you are looking to do--fly, reef, shore, deep sea-- and what's running a that time--bonefish, permit, tarpon,snapper, sailfish, marlin, wahoo, etc.--you should be able to catch more than enough with a good guide.

Nick at the local Fly Fishing School and C&J Fishing are good guides.  Maybe Jorge or Steve can give you some better ideas.  Email them and ask.