Insulated cup

I've brought my Tervis Tumbler (expensive if I lose or damage it!)and my Yeti (ditto) on previous cruises... this time I bought Bubba mugs at Sam's Club (Walmart sells them) for $5 each- they were the same size as my large Tervis but a lot cheaper!

9 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Bubba mugs at Sam's Club (Walmart sells them) for $5 each- they were the same size as my large Tervis but a lot cheaper!

20oz, true, but Google "Walmart Bubba mug" is $14. And pug-ugly. Just saying.

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

20oz, true, but Google "Walmart Bubba mug" is $14. And pug-ugly. Just saying.

My Bubba mug might be pug-ugly on the outside but on its inside there is pure liquid beauty. 💘

And besides,  no one will every mistakenly walk off with my pug-ugly mug. 😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

We have two mugs we picked up YEARS ago, I believe at Target. Stainless silver with an hour glass shape. They have traveled all over from a houseboat in northern MN, to Jamaica and places in between. We purposely went a little classier looking so we could use them anywhere.

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

Ones with handles come in handy when I run up to the Lido for 2 coffees to bring back  in the morning, and have to manipulate elevator buttons , key card and doors with one hand.

I agree, we bought handles for our yetis.

2 hours ago, clo said:

And I boycott Walmart because of how they treat their employees and suppliers.

So do you also boycott cruising? The cruising industry is not exactly the most enlightened industry with regard to the treatment of their employees either.

Edited by DirtyDawg

5 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

So do you also boycott cruising? The cruising industry is not exactly the most enlightened industry with regard to the treatment of their employees either.

I've never thought it was an easy job but didn't know that it's actually abusive.  Just read this:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2242

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

We are all selective with how principles are applied. Sometimes it is one thing that bites harder personally so more action applies.

Yes.  There are a couple of other companies that I boycott and certainly many more that I should.

54 minutes ago, clo said:

I've never thought it was an easy job but didn't know that it's actually abusive.  Just read this:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2242

From your response I take it that you feel the Walmart is abusive towards its employees while the cruise industry is not. I'd love to know how Walmart is abusive in your opinion. 

6 hours ago, Bizmark'sMom said:

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Hardware-Aurora-Stainless-Insulated/dp/B078GXHGYN

Works really well for coffee in the morning, iced tea in the afternoon, and margaritas as the afternoon wears on. Hot liquids stay hot for hours. Ditto cold liquids.

Nice, but no handles. I do love these two designs for cruising specifically!

Carcups.JPG

38 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think it comes down to a few factors but then it is an individuals choice and really it is no bodies business why.

But when someone feels the need to declare that they boycott some company in an innocuous thread about insulated mugs,  it begs the question why.

I also boycott a number of companies, religious institutions, sports teams and asinine 'reality' TV shows and welcome any questions why, should I declare the specific ones to the internet universe.