Cruise Critic Community
islandhalls

Chase Offers - Crystal Promotion - save $450

Hello Crystal Cruisers! Although I am primarily a Regent cruiser, I do have another Crystal cruise booked for June 2020.  

I have a United Airlines Visa, and one day I received an email about their "Chase Offers", where you can get statement credits from certain retailers. I saw that two of my local grocery stores were on their list, so I enrolled and received a small statement credit from my grocery purchases. They really got my attention when I saw that they were offering 10% statement credit from Crystal, limited to a statement credit of $450. After checking with my travel agent, I went ahead and put another $4,500 deposit on my June 2020 cruise, and in five weeks I got the $450 statement credit today (longer than the 14 business days in their offer.) So, keep a look out on credit card offers, Chase is offering it again, expiring 7/31! I would suggest making a screen print that you added it to your card and the offer, as proof. Happy cruising to you all!

Screenshot 2019-07-05 13.47.08.png

Screenshot 2019-07-05 13.48.16.png

Interesting, my United card is a Master Card and I don't recall seeing any offer like this. I'll personally kick myself if I missed it, but just maybe it's a Visa deal. 😱

Patty

30 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Interesting, my United card is a Master Card and I don't recall seeing any offer like this. I'll personally kick myself if I missed it, but just maybe it's a Visa deal. 😱

Patty

I had a similar 5% offer on my Chase Sapphire Reserve.  It shows up on a reoccurring basis.  Usually max $250 at a time.  You see them in the credit card app under offers.  You have to select to use the offer before you pay.  Same screen as above.  Just got the credit, too.

Edited by NottheMonkey

A friend of mine got the same offer as the OP on his Hyatt Chase visa. Three others of us immediately checked our cards. No luck. 

1 hour ago, NottheMonkey said:

I had a similar 5% offer on my Chase Sapphire Reserve.  It shows up on a reoccurring basis.  Usually max $250 at a time.  You see them in the credit card app under offers.  You have to select to use the offer before you pay.  Same screen as above.  Just got the credit, too.

Thanks for the info. I don't use apps for financial stuff, but did check the Chase website on my laptop and found the current offers - just about 6 and absolutely nothing good. I'll know to keep checking there now.😎

Patty

I received 10% ,up to $450 , credit on my Chase Visa on 6/6/19, and immediately used it for a deposit of $4500 on a Crystal cruise Jan. 2021. However it took 3 phone calls to CHASE to  get it credited TODAY !!

-should have said OFFER  of credit on 6/6

Also it had limited duration of around 3 weeks

53 minutes ago, TER777 said:

A friend of mine got the same offer as the OP on his Hyatt Chase visa. Three others of us immediately checked our cards. No luck. 

I just checked with the friend who got it before. The offer on the Hyatt visa renewed. Still no offer for him on the United visa. 

51 minutes ago, TER777 said:

I just checked with the friend who got it before. The offer on the Hyatt visa renewed. Still no offer for him on the United visa. 

I believe promotion was  for "selected" type Chase cards, I received it for British Air Chase card, but not for my  Chase Sapphire card, which I used for remainder of Crystal deposit since I get double miles with that card

I had this offer on my Chase CSR back in Feb, twice. My offer was 10% refund, up to $642. I used it, got the refund, it showed up again, I used it again, and in the end made almost $1300 return.

8 minutes ago, firmdoc said:

I had this offer on my Chase CSR back in Feb, twice. My offer was 10% refund, up to $642. I used it, got the refund, it showed up again, I used it again, and in the end made almost $1300 return.

Nice FIRST post Doc !!

My husband had the 10% offer on his CSR, and I discovered it about a week before expiration.  We promptly made a payment on one of our bookings, and he was notified today that the offer was successfully redeemed.  I have a CSR too, but never received the offer.

About 6 months ago I got an offer on my Amex Platinum to spend $1,000 on a Crystal booking to get 25,000 Membership Rewards.  I jumped on that offer!

It is worth checking both Chase and Amex offers regularly for Crystal offers.

One of my hobbies is collecting points, and most of our international air bookings have been business class awards purchased with points.  🙂

On 7/5/2019 at 8:27 PM, firmdoc said:

Wow! Congrats on that!

I saw one offer like this but both my future cruises were already fully paid. I considered asking for a refund to the card I used, and to charge again with my Chase Sapphire, but I was too afraid it would get messed up! Perhaps that's being too paranoid.

Any advice on how you got Chase to credit your account?  I saw this offer for $450 and promptly signed up for it on 9/6/19.  Made my Crystal payment on 10/3 well in advance of the 10/18 Chase expiration date.  No credit as of today 11/11, and after calling Chase they seemed confused. 😑

Looking for a route to getting to the right person.  Thanks.

Debbie

We had it on one of our Sapphire Reserve cards.  It took 2 payment cycles to credit

On 11/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, lesliehr said:

Any advice on how you got Chase to credit your account?  I saw this offer for $450 and promptly signed up for it on 9/6/19.  Made my Crystal payment on 10/3 well in advance of the 10/18 Chase expiration date.  No credit as of today 11/11, and after calling Chase they seemed confused. 😑

Looking for a route to getting to the right person.  Thanks.

Debbie

Debbie,

Did you ever find the "right" person to get your account credited?  I am in the same boat as I too made the Crystal payment well in advance of the 10/18 expiration date.  I became concerned when shortly after the 18th the offer was listed under "expired" offers rather than under my "redeemed" offers. I called- they investigated- I got letter on Oct 24th saying my account will be credited $450 within 14 business days- I was hopeful- now it is 4 weeks since I got that letter and over 6 weeks since I made the payment-  still no credit as of today 11/21.   Not so hopeful now- hope you fared better.

melinda

I’m currently on the Serenity and don’t have time plus am not good at doing a search on this forum. I was one of several people who wrestled with this problem earlier in the summer. I finally received our credit. 

One person posted the precise language or title of person to request when calling Chase. I called numerous times and learned that the customer service personnel who answer routine calls have no knowledge of the situation and don’t know how to resolve it. I remember escalating my complaint a couple of levels. Meanwhile, it appears that the delay may originate with Crystal. You might try calling Crystal. 

4 hours ago, floridafolks said:

Debbie,

Did you ever find the "right" person to get your account credited?  I am in the same boat as I too made the Crystal payment well in advance of the 10/18 expiration date.  I became concerned when shortly after the 18th the offer was listed under "expired" offers rather than under my "redeemed" offers. I called- they investigated- I got letter on Oct 24th saying my account will be credited $450 within 14 business days- I was hopeful- now it is 4 weeks since I got that letter and over 6 weeks since I made the payment-  still no credit as of today 11/21.   Not so hopeful now- hope you fared better.

melinda

Same thing happened to me, I called once and they said I would receive a letter, got the letter and it said I will be credited, still awaiting the credit. It did say allow one to two cycles... Dated Oct 28th.

Edited by CruisewhenWecan

9 hours ago, floridafolks said:

Debbie,

melinda

Melinda,

I too, received a similar letter a couple days ago from Chase.  Only difference is it stated I would receive the credit in 1-2 business cycles.  I was happy , but after reading the recent responses here, I’m not feeling confident.  

At the same time I registered for the Crystal credit, I also registered for a $10 credit when dining at Rosa Mexicano.  I’ve already seen that credit on my statement. I will reach out to Chase again, after the second statement ( to give them the benefit of doing what the letter advised).  I think we’ll get it eventually.  Must be persistent.

Debbie

Fyi I just received a Chase Offers email and it says credits should on your statement in 7-14 business days.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 11.06.38 AM.png

So 2 statement cycles have come and gone, and still no credit.  Totally not surprised.  I’ll call Chase AGAIN. 😑

Debbie

Although not a Crystal promotion , I also had some issues regarding an offer that Chase seemed to have problems resolving (it was a United/Chase credit card and I responded to a promotion for extra miles for completing a specific set of purchases) . After a number of telephone calls that went no where, I went and spoke to the manager at my local Chase branch - I brought a printout of the offer and my statements showing that the required purchases had been made - he scanned my documentation and sent an email to his contact and within 72 hours, the missing miles appeared.

If you have a local Chase branch and the time, you may want to try your luck.

gnomie

Edited by gnomie1

23 minutes ago, gnomie1 said:

Although not a Crystal promotion , I also had some issues regarding an offer that Chase seemed to have problems resolving (it was a United/Chase credit card and I responded to a promotion for extra miles for completing a specific set of purchases) . After a number of telephone calls that went no where, I went and spoke to the manager at my local Chase branch - I brought a printout of the offer and my statements showing that the required purchases had been made - he scanned my documentation and sent an email to his contact and within 72 hours, the missing miles appeared.

If you have a local Chase branch and the time, you may want to try your luck.

gnomie

Fantastic suggestion.  Thanks in case I need to nudge Chase in the future.