Cruise Critic Community
islandhalls

Chase Offers - Crystal Promotion - save $450

On 11/30/2019 at 10:47 AM, lesliehr said:

So 2 statement cycles have come and gone, and still no credit.  Totally not surprised.  I’ll call Chase AGAIN. 😑

Debbie

My two cycles also passed with unfulfilled promises and no credit. I finally got a manager that sent the case to “loyalty services” and a specific individual was assigned. Within days the offer went from “expired” to “redeemed” and a couple days later the $450 credit posted. Hang in there!

gnomie and floridafolks

Thank you for the specific details regarding a way to find the right Chase dept to “chase” for the $450 credit.  😁

I'll give it a try.

Debbie

FYI- It's back! Just logged in to my Chase account today, and there's a new Crystal offer (same deal- 10% up to $450) that expires in mid-January. I just booked a Crystal cruise the other day, so I hope it will be applied...

8 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

FYI- It's back! Just logged in to my Chase account today, and there's a new Crystal offer (same deal- 10% up to $450) that expires in mid-January. I just booked a Crystal cruise the other day, so I hope it will be applied...

Make sure you click to add it...

Has to be a targeted promotion.  Mine is only 5% maximum $240.  Not worth adding to my down payment for a cruise in 2022.

9 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Make sure you click to add it...

Has to be a targeted promotion.  Mine is only 5% maximum $240.  Not worth adding to my down payment for a cruise in 2022.

Yes, I did click as soon as I saw it. I had been watching for it for weeks and I even told DH that as soon as we booked our next Crystal cruise, it would appear on the Chase website-and I was right! I didn't realize that they targeted different amounts for different people...or different flavors of Chase credit cards.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:39 AM, lesliehr said:

gnomie and floridafolks

Thank you for the specific details regarding a way to find the right Chase dept to “chase” for the $450 credit.  😁

I'll give it a try.

Debbie

So I receive a letter from Chase today that my offer was NOT activated and I therefore do not qualify for the $450.  I am super aggravated.  I have a screenshot of the offer and a green check mark that it was added to my card....except my card number is not anywhere to be seen.  I think I am screwed.  They gave me the main fax number, to send this.   Feel like canceling both Chase Cards.  

I activated the offer about a month ago, paid the $4500 , and got e-mail yesterday that they are crediting $450.....and they did TODAY

------Last year I had to make several phone calls(had to speak to "manager" level finally) before I got the credit.

40 minutes ago, docmark said:

I activated the offer about a month ago, paid the $4500 , and got e-mail yesterday that they are crediting $450.....and they did TODAY

------Last year I had to make several phone calls(had to speak to "manager" level finally) before I got the credit.

I just ran over to my nearest Chase branch for help.  They faxed all my paperwork to Customer Service ( not feeling optimistic about that), but they said to wait 48 hours, come back to them, and then we’ll  call together.  

Debbie

The offer just showed up on my Sapphire Reserve. 
5% back up to $240.

Making additional deposit of $4800 on our January 2021 cruise. 
Not as good as 10% but still....

I recently got an offer on my Chase Sapphire Reserve (10% back up to $450). A few days ago, I booked a cruise on the Symphony in 2021 (Monte Carlo to Barcelona) and made a $4,500 deposit to take advantage of the offer. I will report back when I get the credit. 

I finally got an offer. 5%, max $240, on Chase United Airlines card. 

I'm the OP, I was surprised when I saw the same offer again; 10% statement credit (up to $450) from the same card, my Chase United Explorer card. The first time I took advantage of this was on 5/31/19 and received the statement credit on 7/4/19. This time the charge was on 1/1/20 and I received the credit on 1/13/20. Nice! Keep looking! 

Hi,

We got the offer for 10% back up to $450 on our Bank of America Visa card in November. I activated the offer & then I paid a final payment a couple weeks early - on Nov 22 (offer to expire Dec 10).  The offer disappeared and was no where to be seen.  I called BOA, they said I should have it within 2 billing cycles.  Apparently some of the merchants (Crystal) takes a while to process these.  Finally the offer showed up in my expired offers (even tho I had activated it).  Then it went pending, and I finally got my $450 credit today.  

Julie

Edited by Jules1
additional detail

Update: I received my $450 credit and an email confirming the credit from Chase today, less than two weeks after making a $4,500 deposit.

Today I got a Chase United offer for 10% back up to $450.  Good for 40 days.

Has anyone been able to get this offer more than once?  I did get and use this offer for my cruise in December but wondering if after you use it once if there is a chance for it to come again? 

1 hour ago, fpat said:

Has anyone been able to get this offer more than once?  I did get and use this offer for my cruise in December but wondering if after you use it once if there is a chance for it to come again? 

Yes. I had a difficult time getting it posted for Oct offer, but I got offer again in December and it did not take long to post that time. Then just yesterday I got the offer again! I have not used it yet the third time, but plan to do so soon.

34 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

Yes. I had a difficult time getting it posted for Oct offer, but I got offer again in December and it did not take long to post that time. Then just yesterday I got the offer again! I have not used it yet the third time, but plan to do so soon.

Thank you for letting me know!  I will keep checking.  Just curious do you have an upcoming sailing booked on Crystal that you can use it on?  I am wondering if there is some way they might know as they look to generate new bookings VS a discount for cruises already booked? 

11 minutes ago, fpat said:

Thank you for letting me know!  I will keep checking.  Just curious do you have an upcoming sailing booked on Crystal that you can use it on?  I am wondering if there is some way they might know as they look to generate new bookings VS a discount for cruises already booked? 

Yes, I applied the payments to same upcoming cruise which I had booked before offers appeared. 

Edited by floridafolks

Thanks to Cruise Critic I checked my Chase Sapphire Preferred offers and there was the Crystal offer for 10%  rebate up to $450.  I made final payment and received the $450 in my account as a statement credit.  Thank you to the OP and Cruise Critic for this “gift”.

So my problem has made its way to the Chase Escalation team thanks to my local branch.  As of Friday, they were “gifting” me 45,000 FF points instead of the $450 owed me.  I am unwilling to accept that, so we’re plowing on.  At  least I have a phone number and a name to help me now.  

1 hour ago, lesliehr said:

So my problem has made its way to the Chase Escalation team thanks to my local branch.  As of Friday, they were “gifting” me 45,000 FF points instead of the $450 owed me.  I am unwilling to accept that, so we’re plowing on.  At  least I have a phone number and a name to help me now.  

Good luck.  Keep us posted. 

Got the offer on 1/19 and made the payment the next day.

Received e-mail confirmation from Chase today confirming the credit and stating it would be applied to my account in 7-14 business days. One on my account and one on my wife’s.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:04 AM, TER777 said:

I finally got an offer. 5%, max $240, on Chase United Airlines card. 

I got the email saying it was being processed and checked today. The credit is there!

Unfortunately I chose to pay the deposits on recently booked cruises. While the total charged was $4800, it went through in two separate transactions and I only received the rebate on one of them.