Dress Code in MDR on Halloween

miched

Do they relax the dress code in the dining rooms on Halloween?

If so you should be able to wear a wife beater,  shorts, and ball cap as a costume. 🤔. Or anything else  🥺

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 minutes ago, miched said:

If so you should be able to wear a wife beater,  shorts, and ball cap as a costume. 🤔. Or anything else  🥺

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

What is the costume?  A Carnival cruiser? 《Ducking the incoming rants》 🤣

Edited by Blazerboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blazerboy said:

What is the costume?  A Carnival cruiser? 《Ducking the incoming rants》 🤣

You wrote it not me.  

The point is what is a costume?  What if I wore a tuxedo   .😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

B97ABF0A-8461-414B-AE9E-D1094F616774.jpeg

5 minutes ago, miched said:

You wrote it not me.  

The point is what is a costume?  What if I wore a tuxedo   .😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

B97ABF0A-8461-414B-AE9E-D1094F616774.jpeg

Well, if that's a selfie, you'd brighten MY day.😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blazerboy said:

Well, if that's a selfie, you'd brighten MY day.😉

Hate to disappoint you it is not a selfie.   My wife took it.  👍

Am sailing over Halloween this year.  Be on the look out 🤗

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've actually done a LOT of Halloween cruises, simply because mid to late Oct. is when we take vacations every year.  I've never seen anything remotely inappropriate, so not worried.    

Unless the wife beater person is sitting next to me, and is "fragrant," it's not going to affect my dinner.  Yes, I will think him a tacky cad, but the thought will be momentary, and I'll go back to enjoying my cruise.  And, really, how much effort is it to avoid someone?  Folks seem to do it with me with ease!🤣

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We've done many cruises over Halloween, and to tell the truth, I've never seen anyone “dressed up” (or down as you're referring to) in the dining room. Guests, as well as the staff, usually show up in the public areas after dinner in their “special attire”. Some of the best I’ve ever seen were the Officers on Reflection.

42 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We've done many cruises over Halloween, and to tell the truth, I've never seen anyone “dressed up” (or down as you're referring to) in the dining room. Guests, as well as the staff, usually show up in the public areas after dinner in their “special attire”. Some of the best I’ve ever seen were the Officers on Reflection.

I have, even at my own table.

42 minutes ago, Ma Bell said:

I have, even at my own table.

Many here have heard me talk about  our costumes- We went one Halloween as the cast of Gilligan's Island, including the SS Minnow (me), and paraded down the staircase with the theme music playing.  Our Ginger, Maryanne and Mrs. Howell were spot on.  Mr. Howell, the Professor, the Captain, and Ed as Gilligan rounded out the crew.  So much fun.  Costume parties used to be a tradition of the Transatlantic crossing- my grandparents had great stories and photos from the SS United States, the Gripsholm, and others. 

Andrew

• Like 1

23 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I am also on the same cruise as you Oct 24-Nov -2 and have been going back and forth about to costume or not!!😳

1 hour ago, sdnich said:

I am also on the same cruise as you Oct 24-Nov -2 and have been going back and forth about to costume or not!!😳

Go for it.  If they allow it than do it if that is what you want.   Cruises are for the passengers to enjoy themselves and have a great time so they want to do it again.   

I actually think that the crew gets more enjoyment out of it because it is also entertainment for them and also when passengers are having  a great time the TIPS increase.  Win win for all. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 7/5/2019 at 8:20 PM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It's Orange & Black Tie instead of Black Tie

On 7/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, C-Dragons said:

We've done three Halloween, all on the Allure, and there have always been people in costumes, in the MDR, and Coastal Kitchen.

The action starts early and the promenade fills up really fast getting a good spot to watch the two costume parades, one for kids, and one for adults.