Luggage storage at FCO due to arriving hours before check in?

Thewrightstuff88

Has anyone ever experienced getting to FCO well before check in time?  My flight is for 6:05 pm however my wife and I will be arriving to FCO around 11:30-12 pm and we have 2 bags that need checking in, however check in doesn't start until 3 hours before the flight.  Is there any place to store luggage or can the airline (Norwegian) hold onto it somewhere?  

My only experience with an airline not accepting luggage early is because it was more than 8 hours before flight. Never heard of an airline refusing to check people in and take bags until just 3 hours before flight.

7 minutes ago, Voelfgar said:

My only experience with an airline not accepting luggage early is because it was more than 8 hours before flight. Never heard of an airline refusing to check people in and take bags until just 3 hours before flight.

We've had it happen twice when our flight was over 4 hours away. One domestic, one international. 

On 7/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, euro cruiser said:

There is a left luggage service at Terminal 3:  http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-baggage-services

But why go to the airport so far ahead of your flight time?  

One would imagine that the OP has an 11:00 am check out from their hotel and doesn't want to spend hours in a car driving around Rome. And if I didn't know better, I'd swear I wrote the original post, as my wife and I will probably be doing the same thing (same flight,  but probably a different date).

Any hotel will hold your luggage, even after you've checked out.  There's no need to drive around or spend hours at the airport.  Enjoy those last few hours in Rome, even if all you do is sit in a piazza and enjoy a caffe while watching the world go by.  When the time is right to head to the airport, go back to your hotel, collect your luggage and meet your driver.

Are you departing the day your cruise ends, hence the early arrival at the airport? If so, some cruiselines do a late disembarkation for a fee, whereby you can use the facilities of the ship until the afternoon. This is designed for people who have late flights - I know RC and Celebrity do it.