NCL credit card

dpepper64

So anyone have one.  Is it worth it?  We have a American express with points as well as American airlines.  Both do us well.   Would like some feedback from others who have one.  We currently pay everything via credit card and pay off every month, just to get points

The biggest value with the NCL cc is using the card for a meta upgrade. For 30000 points, you can book an OV and move up to the usually much higher value balcony room on the more expensive itineraries. I booked an OV on an Alaskan cruise last year and saved $800 pp vs direct booking an balcony. I would do the same for European cruises and longer cruises where there is a big difference between the categories. Not worth it if you are just going to use it for OBC only. At least the NCL card gives triple points vs RCCL and Celebrity where they only give double points. They also don’t offer the meta upgrade like NCL does. Hope this helps u decide. 

If you are a Bank of America preferred rewards, you would get 5.25 points in lieu of the 3 points for NCL direct charges.  Best points I’ve found for travel.  Doesn’t work for RCL and some other travel cards.

I recently used 60,000 points (primarily from NCL 3 points per $1 purchases) to book a balcony for the cost of an inside on the 21 day Bliss Panama Canal raise next April. Saved me almost $4000 (solo paying double).