Cruise Critic Community

We went on HA 3 years ago and ordered a bottle of "house" champagne for our storeroom for the sail away. I don't see any other than Dom.P. Any ideas? Thanks

They have Vieux Cliquot on board,  but you can bring your own for less.

Hello labgalbella,

Oosterdam and Nieuw Amsterdam in 2018 had Nicolas Feuillatte champagne which I thought was much better than the "house" brand but not as expensive (or good) as Veuve Clicquot.  They also had splits of Henkell Sparkling Wine in some of the bars which wasn't bad if you only want a glass.  Additionally,  as of May 2019 on Noordam many of the wine choices seem to be changing and from what I have seen on CC the selections aren't consistent from ship to ship.  I suggest checking back online at least a week (pre order closes at seven days) before you sail and see what's offered at that time.  Otherwise you can go to a bar after you board and get any bottle of your choice and ask your room steward to bring you a wine bucket and champagne glasses to your cabin. 

It seems like getting accurate information on the wine selections these days is like chasing rainbows........Good luck!

~Nancy

Are you looking for Champagne, or will a sparkling wine do?

You can pre-order certain bottles online under "Cruise Activities>Beverages" on the HAL website, or is that where you are "only seeing Dom"? On my account I can see Veuve and Dom and a reasonably priced Prosecco, though I have no idea if each ship shows different inventory available for purchase or not.  I am a fan of bringing my own bottles aboard, but I'm not sure if you'll have enough time to get a bottle properly chilled before sail-away.  Perhaps if you order online, guest services could have it chilled bottle and delivered before sail-away?  I would give them a call and see what they can do for you. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2019 at 5:37 PM, labgalbella said:

Thanks..but wanted more! Ha

Try   Moet and Chan don, a reasonably priced champagne.

image.png.4378e48571939b7b00e706fedaf4dfd0.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas