How readily available are taxi at Civitavecchia train station?

swdke

I’m trying to get the same information...we are taking train from Termini...sailing on Ncl epiC.  I thought i read somewhere that ncl had a free shuttle from the train station but I can’t find this information anywhere 

Not readily available at all. I've cruised from Civitavecchia and caught the train there many times and have rarely seen a taxi at the station.

When you arrive at the station there are shuttle buses which cost a couple of euros to take you to the port bus pick up at Largo della Pace. From there you will get a free port bus to the ship.

As Bobal says, there are a few taxis in Civi but you cannot count on having one available at the station waiting when you arrive.

There is a dedicated local bus that takes passengers from the train station to the main port entrance. Details are given here:   https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/port-civitavecchia-address-how-get-and-useful-info

Getting to the ship from the train station is a little clunky, it's basically a two part process:

1.  Either walk or pay for the bus to get you in to the port.

2.  Take the shuttle to the ship.

Edited by CruiseDigits
spelling correction

1 hour ago, euro cruiser said:

You can purchase a bus transfer from Trenitalia when you buy your train ticket.  Just use "Civitavecchia Porto" as your destination and for an additional two euros you get both the train and the bus ticket.

I believe you can't combine this with a discounted Intercity or Freccia fare though - so in that case better off just buying the bus ticket upon arrival, no?

No, you can purchase it with IC or Frecce trains.  There's something funky in the Trenitalia web site that says you can't combine them if you limit your search to Frecce trains but if you look at principle solutions you'll see IC and Frecce trains with the bus, at discounted train fares (the bus fare is always 2 euro).

Thanks for all the responses...I would prefer the taxi but if not I will buy the bus tickets at termini.  I purchased my train tickets online already..11:55 train.  Can I just buy the bus tickets at termini station.  Also any idea what time I should plan to arrive at station?

If you've purchased your train tickets already just buy the ticket on the bus outside the station at Civitavecchia. I haven't heard of this ability to buy the tickets together but, having purchased your train tickets, I highly doubt they will be selling the bus tickets in Termini for a local shuttle bus in Civitavecchia. 

Edited by Bobal

Oh right. Well would be interested to see how frequently those (Trenitalia) buses run. Does this mean there are now 'Trenitalia' buses and the usual shuttle buses?  I guess I just don't see the need to pre-book everything

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

If you've purchased your train tickets already just buy the ticket on the bus outside the station at Civitavecchia. I haven't heard of this ability to buy the tickets together but, having purchased your train tickets, I highly doubt they will be selling the bus tickets in Termini for a local shuttle bus in Civitavecchia. 

Yes you can book the shuttle with your train ticket with trenitalia.com.  your destination will be civitavechhia porto. One note, you have to pay full fare for the train ticket. You can't chose the economy or super saver discounts.

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Oh right. Well would be interested to see how frequently those (Trenitalia) buses run. Does this mean there are now 'Trenitalia' buses and the usual shuttle buses?  I guess I just don't see the need to pre-book everything

Every 10 minutes or so.

The cost is more if you do not book it with a train ticket.

Edited by Voelfgar
update