NCL Bliss Show "Six"

FBegg

Yes, the show "Six" does not appear online on the Bliss "entertainment" page for me either. When I called in to make a reservation for "Jersey Boys," the representative offered to book "Six" for me as well.  I suppose I should of asked what the show was about, duh.  I received a reservation confirmation for the show. (Bliss Oct 27th sailing.) The show is scheduled for 2 of the nights, a 7:30 performance and a 10:30 performance each of the 2 nights. I don't know if it's replacing something, I'll have to call NCL back.  

Edited by FBegg

Six is a new musical (hip hop I think) based on the six wives of Henry VIII.   I haven't seen it but some of the music appeared on my spotify recently and I quite enjoyed it (as someone who doesn't normally enjoy rap music).

From wikipedia.... The musical is a modern retelling of the lives of the six wives of Henry VIII presented as a pop concert, as the wives take turns singing and telling their story to see who had the worst time with Henry and will become the group's lead singer.

Edited by Misself
added info

Thank you "Misself,"  sounds like it could be fun and quirky!😁

Titles of the songs are too funny 😂 

• "Ex-Wives" – Company
  • "No Way" – Catherine of Aragon
  • "Don't Lose Ur Head" – Anne Boleyn
  • "Heart of Stone" – Jane Seymour
  • "Haus of Holbein" – Company
  • "Get Down" – Anna of Cleves
  • "All You Wanna Do" – Katherine Howard
  • "I Don't Need Your Love" – Catherine Parr
  • "I Don't Need Your Love (Remix)" – Catherine Parr & Company †
  • "Six" – Company
  • "Megasix" – Company ††

Edited by FBegg
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FBegg said:

Thank you "Misself,"  sounds like it could be fun and quirky!😁

It's also quite short!   It was playing at a small theatre near me and I looked at possibly going.  The running time I think was only about an hour without any interval.   So ideal really as entertainment for a cruise ship.

• Like 1

We just saw this in Chicago at the Shakespeare Theater just this past month.  It is VERY good.  It plays without an intermission in it's standard showing , so it should play well in a ship's theater.  I believe it won several awards (or at least nominations) when it ran in London's West End.

It is very entertaining and funny.   

This should be a great addition for NCL.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Misself said:

Six is a new musical (hip hop I think) based on the six wives of Henry VIII.   I haven't seen it but some of the music appeared on my spotify recently and I quite enjoyed it (as someone who doesn't normally enjoy rap music).

From wikipedia.... The musical is a modern retelling of the lives of the six wives of Henry VIII presented as a pop concert, as the wives take turns singing and telling their story to see who had the worst time with Henry and will become the group's lead singer.

Sounds like the producers got their idea from the play Hamilton..

• Haha 1

We are sailing on the Bliss on 10/06. I have only been able to book Jersey Boys so far. Nothing else has opened up. I just spoke with someone at the Concierge desk. She stated that they cannot book anything for my sailing. “Six” was listed but Jersey Boys was not. She placed me on hold and then came back stating that all entertainment on the Bliss was being updated and that was all that she knew. Guess we will have to wait it out.

3 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

We are sailing on the Bliss on 10/06. I have only been able to book Jersey Boys so far. Nothing else has opened up. I just spoke with someone at the Concierge desk. She stated that they cannot book anything for my sailing. “Six” was listed but Jersey Boys was not. She placed me on hold and then came back stating that all entertainment on the Bliss was being updated and that was all that she knew. Guess we will have to wait it out.

We are on this same sailing, October 6th.  Did you get the impression that Jersey Boy's may not be Performing?  I was able to book that one too!  That was the one show I wanted to see....Oh well, guess we will be surprised.  89 days and counting:)

Following. My kids were interested in seeing Havana on the Nov sailing but heard it doesn’t have much of a story just pretty costumes and dancing so I’m open to hear what is going to happen....if the take off Jersey Boys the adults in our group will be upset.

2 hours ago, cruzingambler said:

We are on this same sailing, October 6th.  Did you get the impression that Jersey Boy's may not be Performing?  I was able to book that one too!  That was the one show I wanted to see....Oh well, guess we will be surprised.  89 days and counting:)

Also on the 10/6 sailing and hoping we can catch "Six".  Saw Jersey Boys previously, so would rather catch something new.

I hope they don't get rid of Jersey Boys in NCL entirely!  DW & I have been looking forward to seeing it on the Bliss at some point.  I will say that based on the information provided by other posters that "Six" sounds like a hoot!!

since the epic, i noticed most of the Broadway musical only last onboard the ship for about a year to year and half. I wonder what is going on. maybe the licensing is too much money and it is cheaper for norwegian to get these off boardway shows