Cozumel Pier transport

joyce&bob

If you are staying within the port area it is very wheelchair friendly. It's still large area after you make it off the pier. Also a long walk to a cab still if you are going on an excursion or exploring.

Also plenty of places to stop and rest after you get in the port area, if he can walk but needs rest.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:29 AM, Carolina Girl 99 said:

I've only ever been to the downtown Punta Langosta pier, but I know they had those "bicycle taxis" I think they are free, you just give the guy a tip

Yes, the pedi-cab guys are at Puerta Maya as well.  We've used them twice, and they are tips only. My husband also has walking issues and they were a lifesaver for us after a looong all inclusive day at Nachi Cocom! 😎

If there isn't a pedicab there when you exit the ship, don't worry they run back and forth from the ships to the exit thru the shops until the ships depart at the end of the day.  I didn't use one when I exited the ship but was so happy they were there for the return to the ship when I was hot, thirsty and my knees were burning.  I gladly gave my friendly pedicab driver a $5 tip.  The cabs are very roomy and will hold two adults.

Be aware that Carnival docks at 2 different places and you probably won't know which one you're docking at until you get there.  If you don't dock downtown you will need to take a taxi unless you're going on an excursion.