Frosted Infinite Veranda Doors & New Furniture in July?

vtcruising

I was looking for an SV, and that's what they were giving me. Very deep, but on the aft side. I figured it had the round opening as I've seen on the Edge, but when did an SV become one of those cabins? I thought they were all aft facing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's really odd that no one who has sailed the Edge recently has chimed in on this. Did X ever change the bifold doors in the IVs for frosted glass for privacy in all infinite veranda cabins? It was supposed to be done by July/August but that was the last I heard about it.

We sail next month and wondering if I need to buy magnets and a curtain for privacy or not!

• 3 months later...
On 7/8/2019 at 12:37 PM, vtcruising said:

I found this announcement about changing to frosted French doors and new veranda furniture for the IV’s, with goal of completion by the end of July. @Silkroad had reported the possibility in April when she was shown a trial cabin with frosted doors. It must be that the trial was successful. 

What do do people think? I think it would probably work for us since my DH can sleep in any amount of light, but may be too light for others.

I can’t wait to see the new furniture. silkroad had reported that they would be smaller so less difficult to close the doors (now usually have to move the furniture to do it).

Hope people onboard will post some pictures when converted!

E87276C5-BB95-4D73-BFC6-90BEBEE76D10.thumb.jpeg.ecadde0fe658c065a966b84eb44f0e34.jpeg

any reports or photos of this having happened?