Advice regarding Carnival Australia

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

What dining arrangement do you have? I suppose if you do not like whatever they have given you and the TA cannot change it, then definitely see the Maitre De once on board but well before dinner.

We have Early Seating.  I would usually pick ‘Anytime’, but it was already waitlisted when I booked early in the year.  

We always eat early anyway and quite like have the same servers, so early is fine with us.

It’s just that we’re quite an introverted family, so given the choice, we’d prefer not to sit at one of those big tables with strangers.  

36 minutes ago, oskarNZ said:

We have Early Seating.  I would usually pick ‘Anytime’, but it was already waitlisted when I booked early in the year.  

We always eat early anyway and quite like have the same servers, so early is fine with us.

It’s just that we’re quite an introverted family, so given the choice, we’d prefer not to sit at one of those big tables with strangers.  

Definitely see the Maitre De and see if you can get a table for 4 then or at least with another family with kids around the age of yours.

• Like 1

On Embarkment day. The MDR (Main Dining Room) is open from 2:00 - Muster time; to handle any changes or dietery requirements. Some times they can change straight away, once had to wait to second night..

Lot's of people ask for a change from group seating to booth's of 4 or tables of 2. After the first night. I had a group seating on my very first day on a carnival cruise; I hated it; i was sat with a SO Called famous Carnival cruiser. (on the book of faces). I asked for a table of 2; for me & the BH; got it & have done it this way 171 days now..  Enjoy..

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2019 at 5:27 PM, Hunter69 said:

On Embarkment day. The MDR (Main Dining Room) is open from 2:00 - Muster time; to handle any changes or dietery requirements. Some times they can change straight away, once had to wait to second night..

Lot's of people ask for a change from group seating to booth's of 4 or tables of 2. After the first night. I had a group seating on my very first day on a carnival cruise; I hated it; i was sat with a SO Called famous Carnival cruiser. (on the book of faces). I asked for a table of 2; for me & the BH; got it & have done it this way 171 days now..  Enjoy..

Thank you.  This is useful to know.