Going on Silhouette in August, can you please post the daily activity sheet

gam888

We are going on a 12 day cruise with the Silhouette in August, visiting Ireland and Iceland. If any folks have the daily activities sheet they have kept from recent journeys, could you please post them here? We are very eager to see what kind of entertainment activities are offered in the evenings, and on sea days.  We are particularly interested in listening to music, either pre-recorded or from the live bands, to do some ballroom or other dancing. What type of music does the house band play in the Grand Foyer and the Sky lounge?  Are these two places very crowded at night? How was your experience on the Silhouette in general?  What  is the average age of the passengers? Were there any dance lessons? How was the food in the main dining room?

Thank you in advance.

Hi!

You can see the daily activity sheet (Celebrity Silhouette Today) for the current day by going to this link:

http://gator3104.temp.domains/~greybox/silhouette/today.html

So for example, today (14th July) is Day 1 of the 14-night Scandinavia & Russia Cruise. This shows you all the activities, events, restaurant and bar hours, and other interesting info. I quite often look at this as it makes me quite excited for our Med cruise on Silhouette in August.

I've sailed on Silhouette four times now, and I absolutely love it. Average passenger age is in the 60s I would say. We're early 50s and whilst there are a few passengers younger than us the majority are older.

Food in the main dining room is a very good standard, as is the Oceanview Cafe (OVC) on deck 14 - this is the self-service buffet. It can get a bit manic at breakfast, but afternoons are calmer and in the evening it is pretty quiet. We often go to OVC in the evenings if we don't fancy a full sit-down meal and/or don't want to get dressed for dinner (dress code in OVC is pretty relaxed). We tend to go to the Speciality Dining options a few times per cruise - you can book a 3/4/5/7 night package for this, although there are often promotions going on if you prefer to book one day at a time.

There is always plenty of live music around the ship, either the shows in the theatre, or bands in the Grand Foyer every evening; our favourite is the Ensemble Lounge in deck 5 which has mellow sounds in the evening. And I have definitely seen dance lessons taking place in the gRand Foyer during the day.

Enjoy your cruise - you've picked a great ship! Let me know if you have any questions about embarkation in Southampton.

1 hour ago, NeroliGirl said:

Hi!

You can see the daily activity sheet (Celebrity Silhouette Today) for the current day by going to this link:

Thankyou so much for posting... Please carry on . Can you post the "In the Spotlight"... Enjoy your cruise

Edited by groryjm

We're on the same sailing - do sign onto the roll call.  We've sailed on Silhouette a few times.  You can get the dailies from the link above - but they do vary run to run and Silli is currently on the  St Petersburg run which she will do once more before changing route.

You'll find plenty of live music - not so much pre recorded unless you go to something like the silent disco.  Loads of dancing  head to the sky lounge every night.  House bands do play in the main foyer as well.  Crowded - well define crowded....Not if you are into the club scene I think.  But tables in the sky lounge fill up fast - loads of other options but if you want  to occupy a table for the night you need to be fairly prompt.  But seats at the bar or round the outside open up fairly frequently.  The Grand Foyer the same - the closest tables get occupied and sat on for a time.  But the outlying ones and the bar stool areas open up fairly often.  You can also watch the grand foyer bands from El Biacio.  DH and I dance - quite a bit.  We haven't found any dance floor too crowded to be comfortable on.

Silli in general - love her.  One of the better S class ships.  Everyone has things the like or dislike but for us definitely a good one (and before you ask there are ships in the fleet I don't like!)  To repeat myself do sign in to the roll call and you can get to meet loads of fellow cruisers.  Even if you hate those collective things (and to be honest I do so you won't see me there, although you will see DH and possibly DD) they are worth a brief drop in to get some info from fellow cruisers and find out about those things X don't advertise.

Average age... I would dispute with the previous poster here.  This is a highly active and sought after itinerary so the age drops a bit.  I would say mid 50's rather than mid 60's.  But it is an older group than you might find on other lines.  Usually fewer kids - X does kids activities and DD grew up in teens club.  But it isn't a focus.

Yes there are dance lessons on sea days usually in the main foyer.

Food on X is very high quality.  I'm sorry to say we haven't eaten in MDR for about 6 years as we cruise in suites who have a separate dining room.  But generally both food and service on X ships is really good.  I don't know if you have fixed dining or anytime - but either way to food and service is great.

Have a happy cruise!  You won't see me at the Cruise critic thingy - but you will see loads of other knowledgeable and experienced X cruisers.  Do sign in!

6 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

Hi!

So for example, today (14th July) is Day 1 of the 14-night Scandinavia & Russia Cruise. This shows you all the activities, events, restaurant and bar hours, and other interesting info. I quite often look at this as it makes me quite excited for our Med cruise on Silhouette in August.

I've sailed on Silhouette four times now, and I absolutely love it. Average passenger age is in the 60s I would say. We're early 50s and whilst there are a few passengers younger than us the majority are older.

Food in the main dining room is a very good standard, as is the Oceanview Cafe (OVC) on deck 14 - this is the self-service buffet. It can get a bit manic at breakfast, but afternoons are calmer and in the evening it is pretty quiet. We often go to OVC in the evenings if we don't fancy a full sit-down meal and/or don't want to get dressed for dinner (dress code in OVC is pretty relaxed). We tend to go to the Speciality Dining options a few times per cruise - you can book a 3/4/5/7 night package for this, although there are often promotions going on if you prefer to book one day at a time.

There is always plenty of live music around the ship, either the shows in the theatre, or bands in the Grand Foyer every evening; our favourite is the Ensemble Lounge in deck 5 which has mellow sounds in the evening. And I have definitely seen dance lessons taking place in the gRand Foyer during the day.

Enjoy your cruise - you've picked a great ship! Let me know if you have any questions about embarkation in Southampton.

Hi there.  We are sailing on Silhouette next year on a 14 day cruise.  Would it be possible for you to post daily activities for the kids club (if they have those)?  On Royal, they publish one for Adventure Ocean every day, and I would like to see if they have similar types of activities for him.  He will be 11 by time we cruise next year.  Thanks.

15 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

We're on the same sailing - do sign onto the roll call.  We've sailed on Silhouette a few times.  You can get the dailies from the link above - but they do vary run to run and Silli is currently on the  St Petersburg run which she will do once more before changing route.

You'll find plenty of live music - not so much pre recorded unless you go to something like the silent disco.  Loads of dancing  head to the sky lounge every night.  House bands do play in the main foyer as well.  Crowded - well define crowded....Not if you are into the club scene I think.  But tables in the sky lounge fill up fast - loads of other options but if you want  to occupy a table for the night you need to be fairly prompt.  But seats at the bar or round the outside open up fairly frequently.  The Grand Foyer the same - the closest tables get occupied and sat on for a time.  But the outlying ones and the bar stool areas open up fairly often.  You can also watch the grand foyer bands from El Biacio.  DH and I dance - quite a bit.  We haven't found any dance floor too crowded to be comfortable on.

Silli in general - love her.  One of the better S class ships.  Everyone has things the like or dislike but for us definitely a good one (and before you ask there are ships in the fleet I don't like!)  To repeat myself do sign in to the roll call and you can get to meet loads of fellow cruisers.  Even if you hate those collective things (and to be honest I do so you won't see me there, although you will see DH and possibly DD) they are worth a brief drop in to get some info from fellow cruisers and find out about those things X don't advertise.

Average age... I would dispute with the previous poster here.  This is a highly active and sought after itinerary so the age drops a bit.  I would say mid 50's rather than mid 60's.  But it is an older group than you might find on other lines.  Usually fewer kids - X does kids activities and DD grew up in teens club.  But it isn't a focus.

Yes there are dance lessons on sea days usually in the main foyer.

Food on X is very high quality.  I'm sorry to say we haven't eaten in MDR for about 6 years as we cruise in suites who have a separate dining room.  But generally both food and service on X ships is really good.  I don't know if you have fixed dining or anytime - but either way to food and service is great.

Have a happy cruise!  You won't see me at the Cruise critic thingy - but you will see loads of other knowledgeable and experienced X cruisers.  Do sign in!

Yes, we're on this cruise too!

Average age depends on the itinerary and the time of year. I would expect the average for this cruise to be mid to late 50s.

Our favourite area for the evening is most definitely Ensemble Lounge. We appreciate the music around the ship.

We love Murano's for food when we're not in suite-only Luminae.

This will be our 3rd cruise on the Silhouette --- each time in the same suite!

Hope you enjoy your cruise! See you at the CC meet-up!

On 7/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, NeroliGirl said:

Hi!

Thanks for the dailies. This is a great source of information for us. Just wondering, if I want to backtrack to read a daily that was from a previous day, is there a way to do so on the link? Because when I click on the link, it gives me the schedule for the current day, but I missed reading a couple of days back, and would like to backtrack and read them if I could access to them. Thanks again!

Really enjoying the dailies but I hadn't realised the old one was  replaced by the new. I too missed 15th,16th and 17th and would love to see

Enjoy your cruise the itinerary looks great and we have booked it for 2020.  

Hi - we've not found a way to go back to previous dailies - it seems like this link is just a publication page for the current day, and the archived copies are held elsewhere on another site (that we haven't been able to find!! 😕)

Since there seems to be a few Silhouette experts on this board can I ask some advice regarding shady areas on deck that might not be apparent to one who has never been aboard this ship?   Are there any "secret" spots that tend to be less crowded-shady or not?  Also, on our October 13th cruise out of Southampton, if we are in Aqua Class, what time will be ideal for boarding? Thanks all! Julie in Denver