Carnival in Barbados

sds

Hello has anyone been to carnival in Barbados. I was just sent an email stating that my itinerary has changed for my August trip next month. Is there something that must do while there for the festivities? 

8 hours ago, sds said:

Hello has anyone been to carnival in Barbados. I was just sent an email stating that my itinerary has changed for my August trip next month. Is there something that must do while there for the festivities? 

For photographs and videos - The Grand Kadooment on the 5th August - Select your route viewing spot early, and do mean early. A constant wall of sights and sounds.

No bling - No wallet in sight (friend has a slim bum bag which he has "inside" his trousers) - Camera with a strong strap - etc etc

enjoy the day

Hello Thanks for the info I am from New York and have experience simalair events, couldn't agree with you more. The weird thing is I will be there August 22nd so I don't know if this type of party goes on through out the month or if it is a special event. It says something about a night market but to be honest I think that to me is asking for trouble.

5 hours ago, sds said:

Hello Thanks for the info I am from New York and have experience simalair events, couldn't agree with you more. The weird thing is I will be there August 22nd so I don't know if this type of party goes on through out the month or if it is a special event. It says something about a night market but to be honest I think that to me is asking for trouble.

The festival starts end on July with GK being the big highlight, then there are music festivals at venues which run until the 10/12th August.