Naughty room

34 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

So why don't  people call it the security  area?   Sounds like  we are preschoolers. 

M

It is a nickname.  It is where you go if you are naughty and have something in your luggage you shouldn’t.  

• Like 2

I've never had to go, personally, but I used to work in Guest Relations, where unclaimed luggage would be brought and stored until the end of the cruise, which would then be surrendered to the port agents if it remained unclaimed (like the lost and found). Sometimes items would "lose" their room tags, but that would be after they had passed security. I recall working night shift, and one piece of luggage remained unclaimed the whole cruise (this was back in 2003). No tags, no identifiers. No owner. No one touched it until the poor guest relations manager had to take it off ship at the end of the cruise. The drug dogs were around. Turns out to it was filled with marijuana. (bags of it!). 😲😲 The Guest Relations Manager had to spend the ENTIRE day with the FBI, port authorities, who search all of his stuff on board too. Poor guy. LOL. I just can't quite figure out how security missed that bag, but then go after extension cords LOL. I think policy changed after that.... where they would open the luggage if unclaimed to see if an owner could be found among the stuff inside..... 😳

Immediately after entering our stateroom on our Mediterranean cruise, the phone rang, my husband answered, and he quickly left the room.  He  was gone for quite some time, and I was beginning to worry, not knowing where he was, and for what reason. DH finally returned to tell me security found his pocket knife was in his shaving kit, which he had totally forgotten about..  🙄

On our most recent cruise a CC friend had her adult daughter with her, a hairdresser, and RCL had taken her stylist scissors that she brought to trim her Mom’s hair onboard (apparently security “eyed” the length rather than actually measuring the scissors and confiscated them).  We all had a laugh when we told them that a few months earlier, when DH was going to take his Marine Corps evening dress uniform for the cruise’s formal night. I asked him if he intended to bring the officer’s ceremonial sword along too (although it actually goes with the dress blues). We had a good laugh imagining the face of the security officer watching DH pull out that very large sword from the suitcase (if it even would fit). Somewhat larger than those stylist scissors 😂

Had a friend that was called down because his wife put a bottle of wine in their bag.  Problem was she put it right next to his rum runners, they took it all when they saw it.  We all had a great laugh because he was bragging about how he had never been caught before the cruise.

• Haha 2

Did the walk of shame couple of  years ago  to the naughty room and I deserved it, thought I could sneak extra bottle of wine so didn’t even bother to deny or make excuses. Funniest thing was older gentleman in front of me acting all indignant and offended, actually pulled the “do you know that I am diamond plus, how dare you” crap. Worker pulls out bottle of Crown Royal, that shut him up quickly. Rather enjoyable and amusing experience for me but I’m sure those workers get that all the time. We got that bottle of wine delivered to our room 2 days before end of our cruise.

j

1 minute ago, Ukigirl said:

Did the walk of shame couple of  years ago  to the naughty room and I deserved it, thought I could sneak extra bottle of wine so didn’t even bother to deny or make excuses. Funniest thing was older gentleman in front of me acting all indignant and offended, actually pulled the “do you know that I am diamond plus, how dare you” crap. Worker pulls out bottle of Crown Royal, that shut him up quickly. Rather enjoyable and amusing experience for me but I’m sure those workers get that all the time. We got that bottle of wine delivered to our room 2 days before end of our cruise.

j

Hey wait a second.  If they are gonna return it before the end of the cruise, I am gonna always take an extra bottle.  Just designated that one for drinking on the final evening.  

1 minute ago, ed01106 said:

Hey wait a second.  If they are gonna return it before the end of the cruise, I am gonna always take an extra bottle.  Just designated that one for drinking on the final evening.  

We were surprised as well, don’t think that’s the norm

16 hours ago, icsys said:

Summoned to the 'naughty' room after we checked in a carry on with two bottles of wine in it.

Normally we carry it on but we were early so tagged it and gave it to the porters to save lugging it around.

It ended up down in the conference room and boy was it full of cases!!

Many frustrated people down there complaining of confiscated irons, electric extensions, alcohol etc.... some people insisting "I've never had a problem bringing it onboard before?"

My only frustration was having to hunt for my case amongst the many there.

A quick check of the two bottles and I was on my way.

Did they let you keep the wine?

17 hours ago, icsys said:

Summoned to the 'naughty' room after we checked in a carry on with two bottles of wine in it.

Normally we carry it on but we were early so tagged it and gave it to the porters to save lugging it around.

Many frustrated people down there complaining of confiscated irons, electric extensions, alcohol etc.... some people insisting "I've never had a problem bringing it onboard before?"

With the wine?

22 hours ago, icsys said:

5 hours ago, Lindypops said:

Did they let you keep the wine?

Yes

13 hours ago, itsmeagain said:

Had a friend that was called down because his wife put a bottle of wine in their bag.  Problem was she put it right next to his rum runners, they took it all when they saw it.  We all had a great laugh because he was bragging about how he had never been caught before the cruise.

That'll teach her to separate the items in the future.☺️

Got called down for wire hangers, those kind you get with your dry cleaning.  Yeah...wire hangers.  😮 

After waiting in a long line, with no idea why my bag was sent into the bowels of the ship...they showed me the Xray of my bag...that clearly showed the wire hangers.  Without opening it..they gave it to me.  I was stunned..."why was I called down to collect it if was allowed and obvious?"  He shrugged and said port authority security messed up.  

From now on I take plastic hangers for extras.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Got called down for wire hangers, those kind you get with your dry cleaning.  Yeah...wire hangers.  😮 

After waiting in a long line, with no idea why my bag was sent into the bowels of the ship...they showed me the Xray of my bag...that clearly showed the wire hangers.  Without opening it..they gave it to me.  I was stunned..."why was I called down to collect it if was allowed and obvious?"  He shrugged and said port authority security messed up.  

We've always have been able to get extra hangers from our cabin steward if needed.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I try to use the thinnest, cheapest of those dept store hangers for our wardrober - good thing I guess! 🤨

17 hours ago, robtulipe said:

We've always have been able to get extra hangers from our cabin steward if needed.

Yes, have received a few odd ball hangers from our cabin attendant if really needed.  

99% of our situation:

Get our bags between 1-3 pm,  don't see our cabin attendant until after muster drill...maybe 4 pm, if we are lucky?  

We unpack our bags as soon as we get them.  Like to hang clothes ASAP to help relieve wrinkles.

I am able to hang as much as needed since I already have my hangers ready to go.  We are done before muster.

Alternative to wait for hangers from attendant?

May get them a few hours after request...maybe after dinner?  

No thanks...will bring my own.  

16 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

I try to use the thinnest, cheapest of those dept store hangers for our wardrober - good thing I guess! 🤨

I have a set of plastic hangers banded together with rubber bands that stay in our suitcases all the time...as part of our regular "cruise gear".  😉  

• Like 1