Is there fridges in oceanview staterooms??

portcbob

Hi hal cruisers. 

Going 1st time to Alaska on the volendam next June.

I believe there is no fridges in the oceanview staterooms, is that correct??.

Is there anything we can do as I want to purchase buckets of beer.

Regards Bob 

Yes you can rent a minifridge (beverage cooler, not zero-degrees) for a real minimal amount. I've done this on the Volendam and her sister the Zaandam. I'll see if I can find the number...

ETA: I don't have a special number, but the last time, I just told my PCC which of my FIVE cabins wanted a fridge, a fan, or needed an extension cord and got the right number although we had to swap some around! So however you booked, follow it up with them.

Edited by crystalspin

57 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I see that you will be on the Volendam.  The oceanview cabins do not have refrigerators in them.

You can rent one by calling Ship Services at -1800-541-5478.  Or have your TA call them.

It will be placed either on the desk on under it.

Oops -- Ship Services telephone is 1-800-541-1576.

The rental is $2 a day.

You probably also need to know that the “refrigerators” on Holland America, and actually most cruise lines for that matter, are more coolers than what you’d expect from a refrigerator on land.  Not sure of the exact temperature but it’s not all that cold.  If you’re hoping for ice cold beer it isn’t going to happen.   

17 minutes ago, portcbob said:

Thanks guys for your help. Might bring a fold down cooler bag from home and put a bit of ice in.  The beers got to be cold.

Personally, I think this is your best bet.  I think the rental fridges also tie up one of your electrical outlets, and there are only 1 US and 1 Euro, although there also may be some behind the TV.

Roy

3 hours ago, portcbob said:

Thanks guys for your help. Might bring a fold down cooler bag from home and put a bit of ice in.  The beers got to be cold.

No need for that.  When you buy the beer bucket, the bottles are put on ice in the bucket.  Just have your room steward replenish the ice when needed.

Even better, why sit in a cabin looking out a window, when you can be sitting on the aft Lido deck in the fresh air, with lots of views and scenery, and you can be served ice-cold draft beer from the bar, instead of canned beer.  Better views, and guaranteed cold beer, same price.