Does paying for a GTY cabin early help for category upgrades?

twodudes

I guess I have been disenchanted with Princess since I emailed their Customer Service Dept. a couple of weeks ago with a question regarding my handicapped granddaughter. They did not answer the question but did tell me to email another dept. and it went from dept. to dept. It was a simple question and to this day have not received an answer from Princess. They kept passing the buck until I gave up and we will take care of the problem ourselves.

She is 8 years old and lost her arm I was wondering about tendering, not a

hard question yet no one at Princess would take the time. I was and I guess

still am upset at their lack of consideration.

Now flame away folks this is how I feel and it is my opinion.

No flames here now that we know what you are upset about. I too would be mad as HE[[ if I needed help with my kid and didn't get an answer. I read in one of the cruise magazines where Princess had one of the best programs for special needs passengers. I hope that they didn't blow this distinction. As Spongerob stated.ask away here because we have a combined wealth of information. Good Luck and Happy Cruising.

Been on 30 cruises with various lines and often book a GTY category at my TA's advice. In almost every instance, we have been upgraded. Have had the same TA for the past 20 years so I would imagine she knows when to book a GTY cabin. Probably supply and demand principle. On the CB tomorrow with a three category upgrade. Never expect an upgrade and cruising is great with or without one.

Spongerob, I read your post and thought about it, as you can see I have not made many posts and some of you have thousands and thousands. I have learned much from most of the people who frequent the board, some appear gentle and kind, however, some are so mean spirited and attack people at will. Life is way too short to interact with these barracudas.

The theme of the board should allow people to express opinions, good and bad but when some feel it is their duty to go off on anyone that does not feel as they do or agree with their advocacy of a cruise line it is their right to make it as uncomfortable as possible to that poster.

I have read stuff on here that makes me cringe. Why on earth do they feel that they are so self righteous? Some must lecture and criticize. We all have our views, we all have our opinions and most of us hold on to our values as truth, most people are willing to discuss within reason but no one want to be attacked and especially by people we do not know nor could we respect them if we knew them.

That's the nature of the internet. Sometimes we all take things a little too personally, or misinterpret what others are saying. And sometimes people just hold grudges, or seem intent on attacking individuals not for what they are saying, but perhaps what they might have said a long time ago. The stuff here is mild compared to what I've seen on other sites.

I'm going to guess at your tendering question. You will have all the assistance you might need available when boarding and exiting tenders. I have seen the crew do a fantastic job even under very difficult conditions with people with very limited mobility, age-related issues, and even those who require wheelchairs. When conditions are less than perfect, this takes extra time and can slow down the process of boarding a tender. I have seen crewmembers suggest to some that tendering under the specific conditions might not be a good idea, but the final decision is ultimately in the hands of the passengers.

Not cruising with Princess again because you have never been upgraded?? My advice is - book a cabin you will be happy in - if an upgrade comes, it's like another sunny day.

Ron

That's just what we did. Prices were fantastic for a mini-suite on Golden, so we booked AE just three weeks ago. We were upgraded to AA within a week and it's our first Princess cruise. Needless to say, we were very pleasantly surprised. I guess the upgrade fairy likes us! We sail on 4/15 and can't wait.

Archived