Cruise Critic Community
StormTight

Ship departs Port without Parents, What Happens to Child on-board!?

10 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

BTW, what the heck was this thread originally about?  Never leaving stinky hockey bags on the ship while you wonder around port? Or was it; Do you tip extra with candy or cash if you bring your rancid hockey bad into your cabin for your steward to experience?

Thread drift is real!

On 7/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, DirtyDawg said:

Parents who treat their teens and twenty somethings (and thirty somethings sometimes) as little children and not the young adults and full grown adults they should be treated as. Like going to a job interview with them at age 21 or 22, not wanting them to go off to University dorm life without them, or cooking all their meals in university and doing all their laundry in the three years after the first  year of dorm living, even though the parents lived 3 hours away (one of my son's roommates). 

I am genuinely not a helicopter parent, though we tend to enjoy doing things as a family, my girls have definitely had the freedom to do their own thing as well. My oldest is autistic, high functioning, so will probably live at home for the extended future (now 21), she has a job and her own bank account, goes to theme parks (ie Disney World) with her friends, etc. My youngest is 19 and started at Florida State last year (4 hours drive away). She opted to live in an off campus apartment, where she had full access to kitchen facilities and laundry. She does know how to cook and do laundry, but still brought clothes home at least once a month and washed them at home instead, and never cooked a single food all year long at the apartment, due to not knowing or caring for her room-mate and not wanting to impose on the public spaces of the apartment.