Washing machine

uktog

I try and avoid thinking about domestic chores, but does the American Queen have a self service laundry onboard. We will be holidaying for another two weeks after our cruise hopping from hotel to hotel so laundry logistics do kick in.  If it does, what’s the cost, how busy  and how well equipped is it. 

Thanks 

I don't totally know the answer to your question as I've only been on the Empress and the Duchess which don't have laundry facilities.  I looked at the deck plan of the American Queen and did see there is a little tiny room labelled laundry, I believe it was on deck 4.  I'm hoping someone else has more information for you!

Great thanks that helps 

I just need to know is it a guest laundry and what’s the score re powder or capsules I can easily bring a few if needed

Yes, there is a guest laundry. I didn’t use it but am sure it’s free. Sorry, don’t know about the soap but we think it was included.

I don’t know if you’ve been on the AQSC website, but there’s an Essential Travel Guide (under the heading Your Voyage) you can download which has some useful information. 

We had a great time - I hope you do too.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dmodj said:

Yes, the laundry is free.  There is also a supply of laundry soap, etc. gratis.

Excellent that’s the laundry sorted until after Nashville thanks everyone 

Yes, the laundry is free but there are only 2 washers and dryers.  They do offer a service at $20 for a bag; it is nicely done and folded upon return.  You can get a LOT in the bag they provide.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

Yes, the laundry is free but there are only 2 washers and dryers.  They do offer a service at $20 for a bag; it is nicely done and folded upon return.  You can get a LOT in the bag they provide.

Sounds like a better option maybe.Thanks for telling me.  

Forgot to mention that every time we sent the laundry out, it was back later the same day.  We sent it out 3 times as it was a 3 week trip.  Much more pleasant than running back and forth to see if a machine was free, to switch the laundry over to the dryer, etc. Worth $20 to me!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

Is that service provided on every cruise or just the Mighty Mississippi ones?

On 7/16/2019 at 11:42 AM, LDVinNC said:

I didn't know about the $20 a bag option.  You just made my wife very happy.  Who wants to do laundry while on vacation?

10 hours ago, carollouise said:

We are going on the American Queen Duchess from New Orleans to Memphis.  I have been trying to find out online if there is laundry on it.  Have not made a call to the company yet.

There isn't a laundry room on the Duchess, but I can't remember if you can send your laundry out for them to do or not.