Q re Nieuw Statendam embarkation procedure

Machta

Good morning, all!  We are sailing on the Nieuw Statendam at the end of this month.  We've cruised on a number of the HAL larger ships, but never on the largest Pinnacle class.  We were just notified that there is an embarkation schedule that starts at the top deck and works down (Neptunes and 4&5* at any time, of course).  Since we're on the Beethoven Deck (4) they want us to arrive at 3:30 for a 5:00 sailing.  That seems really, really late to me.  We usually like to board between noon and 1pm.  Has anyone gone through this embarkation procedure, and if so, what was your experience?  Thanks in advance -- I appreciate your thoughts.

We arrived to check in for the NS about 12:15pm last month after our train and tram rides and were able to get in line immediately (no waiting in chairs to be called).  The line wasn’t that long and we were on board and in our cabin before 1pm.  While we normally like to arrive between 10:30-11am—we left later due to a late flight the night before—we found this year’s check-in was the smoothest of any of our cruises.  

Happy Sailing!

Edited by syesmar

44 minutes ago, syesmar said:

We arrived to check in for the NS about 12:15pm last month after our train and tram rides and were able to get in line immediately (no waiting in chairs to be called).  The line wasn’t that long and we were on board and in our cabin before 1pm.  While we normally like to arrive between 10:30-11am—we left later due to a late flight the night before—we found this year’s check-in was the smoothest of any of our cruises.  

Happy Sailing!

May I ask what time they requested that you be there?

We were told to be there between 1-3 , turned up before 1 due to timings expecting to wait about - simply joined the queue , which moved quickly and embarkation was incredibly well organised and smooth.

On 7/10/2019 at 9:22 AM, Machta said:

May I ask what time they requested that you be there?

Originally it would have been 2pm, according to the schedule sent.  Then we changed rooms and it would have been 2:30pm.  Like lglg said, we just showed up and joined the line.  No waiting in chairs, which was a first for us.  No one asked us what group we were in or for our deck number.  The line was short enough to just join it.  

Based on my past experience, whenever we've left from Rotterdam or Amsterdam, there have been a great number of locals who get there quite early.  I am guessing that by the time we got there around 12:15pm, most had already boarded.

Edited by syesmar