Concierge embarkation lunch

wongcruise

2 minutes ago, wongcruise said:

Our group has 3 couples - 2 couples have Concierge class cabins and 1 couple does not.  Will that one couple be able to join us for the Concierge embarkation lunch at the dining room?

Typically no.   Perhaps others will come along with more recent experience.  But, typically, it is strictly enforced.

1 minute ago, wongcruise said:

Our group has 3 couples - 2 couples have Concierge class cabins and 1 couple does not.  Will that one couple be able to join us for the Concierge embarkation lunch at the dining room?

Normally "no", but it might depend on who's at the door. They often ask to see your Seapass card before they seat you. The lunch wouldn't be an "exclusive benefit" if not limited to Concierge passengers, B2B passengers, Zeniths and official guests.

• Like 1

Although the “non-concierge” couple would not normally be admitted, if they have status due to their cabin or their Captains Club level, they may be invited.  I have always found the Concierge in the check-in area before boarding and it is she/he who hands out the invitations.

1 hour ago, EmJakeBubbie said:

anybody know IF Park Cafe is open on embarkation day?  don't remember that menu

I believe that Park Cafe is a venue on Royal Caribbean—not Celebrity—ships!

The Concierge is probably working  embarkation.  They are not usually at their desks unil long after the lunch is over.

Captains Club Zeniths are admitted to the Concierge lunch, but otherwise Captain’s Club status is not relevant to this event.  

• Like 1

The only advantage of the Concierge lunch to me is getting out of the OV Cafe. tried it many times and the menu is always the same. My tastes and allergies only allow the chicken paillard, usually over cooked for me and not very tasty. Usually go to the Buffet when staterooms are available to avoid the crowds. The crowds are often thinner if you go up at 12:00PM. Much better selection of food at the OV on embarkation day. Usually have some tuna or chicken salad and a slice of pizza. That's just me.

3 hours ago, wongcruise said:

Thank you everyone.  Will not try to sneak them in:classic_smile:

Exactly what we decided when we had a Concierge cabin and my sister and BIL did not. We couldn't see either separating and meeting up later, or trying to get them into somewhere they were not permitted to be. Neither was an option, so we all went to the buffet. 😊

• Like 1

As of 11 July 2019, 8 guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle for the Harmony Of The Seas sailing on 22-Dec-2019.

go to Meet & Mingle link to sign up for the Party.  Need 25 in order to qualify for the party.

On 7/10/2019 at 11:11 AM, wongcruise said:

No

It is a privilege of the cabin/stateroom

You can all eat in OVC

On 7/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, Toftwood said:

Although the “non-concierge” couple would not normally be admitted, if they have status due to their cabin or their Captains Club level, they may be invited.  I have always found the Concierge in the check-in area before boarding and it is she/he who hands out the invitations.

I think only those doing B2B or are Zenith are admitted to Concierge lunch besides those in Concierge cabins

56 minutes ago, EmJakeBubbie said:

As of 11 July 2019, 8 guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle for the Harmony Of The Seas sailing on 22-Dec-2019.

go to Meet & Mingle link to sign up for the Party.  Need 25 in order to qualify for the party.

This is your second post concerning a Royal Caribbean cruise. Check to make sure you're on the correct board.

sighing, w/apologies.  I have zero idea of how I ended up on this page, but clearly, I thought I was talking Crown & Anchor (RCI).  Maybe you got a few lol's out of my ramblings.  We are X Elite, but this time, sailing on HARMONY, so will go find that Roll Call (which I somehow thought this was - geesh!). 

May all y'all enjoy the Seas always and all ways. 

The OP has said this:

"Thank you everyone.  Will not try to sneak them in"

No need for further discussion on this topic in regards to their original question.  The rest of the thread got confused with some mis=posts.  But the OP has indicated that they will not be trying to bring extra people to the Concierge lunch so ..........

No one asked about ‘getting something they didn’t pay for’, the OP asked if one couple can join them and they now understand that isn’t an option and acknowledged that.....wait for the never ending ‘how can I sneak my 6 cases of favorite wine on” post, or “I want to buy one drink package-how do I use it for my spouse?” threads. 

This isn’t it and when a knee jerk ‘getting something for nothing’ type of response, is inappropriate and you hurt people’s feelings for no reason. 

Den

• Like 2

We have booked a Concierge class stateroom for our forthcoming Fjords cruise and will be taking our adult son with us who has Asbergers' Syndrome. We thought that by having lunch (although not a big menu choice, but perfectly adequate for lunch) and maybe a couple of drinks in the MDR would be a good way of getting him acclimatised to the hustle and bustle of cruise ship life in a more relaxed manner than by going to the Buffet

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 2:00 PM, Orator said:

The only advantage of the Concierge lunch to me is getting out of the OV Cafe. tried it many times and the menu is always the same. My tastes and allergies only allow the chicken paillard, usually over cooked for me and not very tasty. Usually go to the Buffet when staterooms are available to avoid the crowds. The crowds are often thinner if you go up at 12:00PM. Much better selection of food at the OV on embarkation day. Usually have some tuna or chicken salad and a slice of pizza. That's just me.

It's not just you I agree 100%.  The lunch selections for this embarkation lunch are very limited and don't agree with my tastes.  We usually board early and have lunch before the OV gets very crowded.   You are also correct that the food selections are much better in the OV on embarkation day,  this has become one of our favorite meals during the cruise.

"We have booked a Concierge class stateroom for our forthcoming Fjords cruise and will be taking our adult son with us who has Asbergers' Syndrome. We thought that by having lunch (although not a big menu choice, but perfectly adequate for lunch) and maybe a couple of drinks in the MDR would be a good way of getting him acclimatised to the hustle and bustle of cruise ship life in a more relaxed manner than by going to the Buffet"

Is your son sharing the Concierge stateroom with you or I'm his own non-Concierge room ?  If sharing your room, there is of course no problem having the Concierge lunch together.  If in his own, non-Concierge room, I think you should find some other plan for lunch that day -- perhaps the Mast Grill?  If the weather is nice, a hamburger enjoyed poolside might be just the thing.

On 7/10/2019 at 11:14 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

Typically no.   Perhaps others will come along with more recent experience.  But, typically, it is strictly enforced.

Probably no- why not consider Sushi on Five for lunch if not the buffet.  The CC lunch isn't really anything special- IMO not a real perk other then not racing for a seat at the buffet which gets crowded on boarding day.

• Like 1