Muster Drill Time?

3 hours ago, mdsgu said:

They usually close down bar service for the muster drill just as I'm walking up to refresh my drink.  🤣

The key to avoid that is to sit at a bar and tell the bartender to order you one more drink right before they shut down. 

10 hours ago, natalie_healyoursoul said:

What time do they normally do the muster drill on Carnival? Sail away at 4pm

Should be about 3:15 if they're not waiting for late passengers and they plan on leaving on time.  About thirty minutes prior to that, they'll begin making announcements for crew members to start preparing for the muster drill.

11 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Our last two cruises have had 6 pm and 6:30 sailaways, and muster was at 4 and 4:30 respectively. (Although both times they actually didn't start until 15-30 minutes after indicated.)

My next cruise sails at 6:30 PM.  This is good information.  I'd think they do it right before sailaway, but whatever.  It only gives me more time to stake out a good spot on the lido deck, where I can shout "have a nice day at work tomorrow!" to people onshore. 😄

On 7/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, natalie_healyoursoul said:

What time do they normally do the muster drill on Carnival? Sail away at 4pm

My previous cruises sailed at 4:00 PM.  The muster drill was at 3:30 PM, and ended just in time for people to rush to the desired spot on the deck.  

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

8 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

My next cruise sails at 6:30 PM.  This is good information.  I'd think they do it right before sailaway, but whatever.  It only gives me more time to stake out a good spot on the lido deck, where I can shout "have a nice day at work tomorrow!" to people onshore. 😄

When I've had 4 pm sailaways, muster was always at 3:30, but it really doesn't work for a 6 or 6:30 sailaway. If you take the POV that muster should be about 30 minutes before sailaway, then for a 6:30 departure that would mean 6 pm...in other words right as the Early Seating is supposed to be in the MDR. So it makes sense to me that they would schedule it earlier...and then you have like an hour or so to kill before dinner so either you go get showered and changed or you go up to Lido for the sailaway party and buy more drinks.

With a 4 pm sailaway, you're not in a rush to get to dinner right after the muster -- there's still time to enjoy the sailaway party and then get ready for dinner. Plenty of time. So it makes sense to me that they change the timing for the later sailing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

When I've had 4 pm sailaways, muster was always at 3:30, but it really doesn't work for a 6 or 6:30 sailaway. If you take the POV that muster should be about 30 minutes before sailaway, then for a 6:30 departure that would mean 6 pm...in other words right as the Early Seating is supposed to be in the MDR. So it makes sense to me that they would schedule it earlier...and then you have like an hour or so to kill before dinner so either you go get showered and changed or you go up to Lido for the sailaway party and buy more drinks.

I figured that was the logic.  In another thread, I posted a comment how dinner and late sailaway times would coordinate.  

In my case, I'm doing late dining at 8:15 PM.  (More solos seem to prefer it, it seems.)  So I plan to be right on the lido deck at the sailaway party, tearing up the dance floor to a round of Cha-Cha Slide, with a Fun Ship drink in hand. 😄

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

The Muster drill is what we call "The buzz killer". Just about the time your getting in party mode,BAM,its muster time. Afterwards we usually have time to go have 1or2 more drinks before early seating dinner time. Its all good, just part of the routine...Enjoy!!