How sound proofed is an inside cabin?

chabad

Make sure it is not an adjoining cabin. We had an inside adjoining cabin and heard a lot of noise from out neighbors. Also, make sure it is not a cabin that sleeps 3 or 4 with the bunks that drop from the side of the wall (okay if you have twin bed setup). With queen set up it took me 3 or 4 days to learn not to bang my head.

8 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Make sure it is not an adjoining cabin. We had an inside adjoining cabin and heard a lot of noise from out neighbors. Also, make sure it is not a cabin that sleeps 3 or 4 with the bunks that drop from the side of the wall (okay if you have twin bed setup). With queen set up it took me 3 or 4 days to learn not to bang my head.

OMG!!!? Yes to all the above!!!! I had an enjoying cabin door when I had a balcony and that was the worst experience in such a nightmare situation. With unwilling teens. It'd be funny to constantly being on it all throughout the middle of night and during the day and try to aggressively open it as best as they can even though it was locked and just cussing Non-Stop. had security go up and do a check on them and every time the front desk called them or security would come they would run Indian ruling on their balcony.

on the CB that I just got off of I had an ocean view and normally I always look to make sure that there is no third and fourth person so I don't have to worry about those bunks coming from the wall definitely takes up loads of space.

Funny story with an Inside cabin:  We rarely book insides, as we prefer OV.  On the Royal/Regal that's not a choice so we booked an Inside a few years back.  It was 731 on Aloha deck (I think).  As we were trying to go to sleep there was an annoying recurring loud noise.  Called the front desk and they were able to move us temporarily to a similar cabin only because a number of pax hadn't made the ship in FLL (snowstorm problems the day of sailing).  Boy was I chagrined to find out the next day that the noise was cans of pop left in the fridge by a previous pax and there was enough room for them to roll around as the ship rolled, causing the noise!  [We rarely use the fridge.]

• Haha 2

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, Kingofcool1947 said:

No sound.  It is more akin to a darkened padded room.   Very quiet.  Sort of like a sensory deprivation experience.  But, if you are sensitive to noise, I recommend that you bring ear plugs.   My first cruise I booked an inside cabin.  First and last time.  It made me feel deprived of light and sound, like I was in solitary confinement.  I could hear my watch clicking the second hand.   Drove me crazy.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.

I agree. We had an inside for our first Princess cruise last Dec. All we did was sleep. 11 days

• Thanks 1

If you leave the bathroom light on, that gives you the right amount of light. Making it no different if you were in any other cabin, as the curtains would be closed anyways at night when you're sleeping.

55 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

If you leave the bathroom light on, that gives you the right amount of light. Making it no different if you were in any other cabin, as the curtains would be closed anyways at night when you're sleeping.

We take a night light and plug it into the bathroom socket for just a minimal amount of light.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

On our very first cruise (2002 on RCCL Splendour of the Seas), I remember it as pitch dark, no light whatsoever. Since then there seems to be some light from the hall underneath the cabin door. That at least allows you to have some idea in what direction the bathroom can be found.

25 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

On our very first cruise (2002 on RCCL Splendour of the Seas), I remember it as pitch dark, no light whatsoever. Since then there seems to be some light from the hall underneath the cabin door. That at least allows you to have some idea in what direction the bathroom can be found.

battery operated tea lights ...