Shadowmeboy's Norwegian Dawn Canada/New England Pictorial Review

shadowmeboy

2 hours ago, purpleally said:

I’m not shadowmeboy, obviously, but I asked this in the past, sometimes the person who organizes the meet and greet is given VIP privileges. Not always. A happy surprise when it happens. 

Yes, exactly. In Alaska last year, we did not get VIP perks. We enjoy them if we get them, but don’t expect to have them. It is dependent on the Hotel Director/General Manager of that ship.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LeesaB said:

Happy birthday Susan!

Thank you, LeesaB! - Susan

2 hours ago, purpleally said:

Have a great time celebrating. 

Susan, your hard work is paying off - you look fantastic!

good call going to a clinic; I developed an infection on a Panama cruise which almost went septic.  Two thousand dollars later....thank you travel insurance!

Thank you so much, purpleally! I really appreciate it. - Susan 

26 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

Happy birthday Susan, hope you have a great day!!

Thank you, Deb! - Susan 

Loving the review as always, Shadowmeboy!

I'm following with particular interest as DH and I sailed this ship/itinerary recently on May 11, 2019. It was our first Canada/New England cruise. Had a great time--folks in Canada and New England were very friendly too! Only disappointment was a lot of the food on Dawn. NCL has done much better in that department during our 2016 and 2017 cruises. Hoping they'll get it back together.

Great to read about our itinerary/ship from others' perspective.

Happy Birthday, Susan!!

16 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

We are going to a Seattle Mariners game tonight for her Birthday, so I do not know how much I will be able to post of Halifax till we get back tomorrow. I will be able to reply to questions and comments if you have any.

Wow, what a game to go to. You were so close to witnessing history. 

Enjoying your review. Looking forward to the rest.  

3 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Wow, what a game to go to. You were so close to witnessing history. 

Enjoying your review. Looking forward to the rest.  

We were hoping for the perfect game! He pitched so well. I don’t think I will have a voice tomorrow.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Happy Birthday, Susan! 🎂 I'm glad to hear you tried BeaverTails. Aren't they yummy? We get them here, too.

Heather

They were awesome! We would have gotten another in Saint John, but it started raining.

5 hours ago, M&JfromSDL said:

Thanks for posting your review.  We are eyeing a Canada/New England cruise and are following along!

I would do it again. I enjoyed the ports, maybe if I was feeling 100% I would have enjoyed them more.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:43 PM, shadowmeboy said:

Once onboard, we met up with Trace and Maria and headed to lunch at the MDR.

We'll be on Dawn in a week for a first time. Can you tell me which MDR was open for lunch on embarkation day: Aqua or Venetian? 

6 minutes ago, Aldeya said:

We'll be on Dawn in a week for a first time. Can you tell me which MDR was open for lunch on embarkation day: Aqua or Venetian? 

Not OP--but can tell you it is the Venetian....

25 minutes ago, Aldeya said:

18 minutes ago, jaja said:

Not OP--but can tell you it is the Venetian....

10 minutes ago, Aldeya said:

Thanks a lot! Just trying to avoid the buffet madness!

Venetian is open. We always avoid the buffet.

thans Jaja for responding.

We also enjoy all your reviews!  Wish Los Lobos would come to all NCL's ships as it is just the best imho.  We have had some bad experiences at Moderno.  We've had two different hotel directors comp us meals there in an effort to get us to give it another try....still didn't like it, lol.  

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 11:24 AM, shadowmeboy said:

Nothing wrong with the buffet dude, i actually thought it was better when compared to some of the MDR food!

Venetian is open. We always avoid the buffet.

thans Jaja for responding.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:59 AM, tgloersen said:

Nothing wrong with the buffet dude, i actually thought it was better when compared to some of the MDR food!

I try to avoid it at all cost on embarkation day; Too busy, too many people, and too many people's bags. Much calmer in the MDR on embarkation day.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:48 AM, fmlsprtsfn said:

We are visiting similar ports in September so I really appreciate your visual review.  Beavertails looks amazing.  😲  Thank you for letting us all share in your journey!

We saw them on someone's YouTube video and made a not to try it! I t was so good, but share with someone!

On 7/20/2019 at 9:35 AM, fethiyeden said:

Love your reviews. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Susan looks like she has lost even more weight since your last cruise.

thank you for reading them! She has and she is happy about it.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, lanceholt said:

We also enjoy all your reviews!  Wish Los Lobos would come to all NCL's ships as it is just the best imho.  We have had some bad experiences at Moderno.  We've had two different hotel directors comp us meals there in an effort to get us to give it another try....still didn't like it, lol.  

As I mentioned before, this was our first bad experience with Moderno. I love Los Lobos. The food is spectacular, and yes I wish it was on more ships. We had a bad experience at Q on the Bliss. I want to sail again to see if it was a one time issue or systematic. 

16 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

I try to avoid it at all cost on embarkation day; Too busy, too many people, and too many people's bags. Much calmer in the MDR on embarkation day.

Oh yah embarkation day, yah totally agree it is madness!