7-11-19 Thursday Weigh-In....Half The Year Has Gone BY

Belle

Hi Belle!  Hope your day is going well --- DH & I are going to the gym (would rather go out for ice cream!).  It is good that he keeps me on track.  Went to an art fair downtown today with my youngest son ... we had a wonderful time -- don't get to see him much, so it is nice when he spends time with his mom!  Jan

Jan got to spend time with my kids today too but cost me money!:classic_laugh:

My son's girlfriends birthday. Took everyone out for a steak dinner.

I was going to go food shopping after but didn't because I knew I would of

bought ice cream. If not in house can't eat it!  What is it about ice cream?:classic_love:

Congrats on going to the gym. What a mean, I mean sweet husband!:classic_biggrin:

Happy Sunday,

Well, yard work to me is really exhausting. I'll be 57 in a couple of months. Good news is....most of the time.....I feel like 37. Except after doing things like yard work when my bac is killing me and my hands hurt the day.

A couple of days ago hubby wanted to take another tirp so we booked a 14 day Alaska cruise leaving in August. So I have 1 month to be good and maybe lose a little more.

Belle and Jan, glad you had fun with your kids. 

Have a good Sunday.

Diana

• Like 1

I soooo feel your pain Diana!

Built a pergola to give the spa some shade.  Found a pic of a design I liked and made my own version of it...but man, I is POOPED!!!

On the plus side - I ate perfect all weekend with zero cheats.  Cravings were a bit much but drinking gallons of water to stay hydrated in the heat seemed to help.

Almost time for a cigar (sans Guinness) and let that hot tub (heat is turned off though!) do it's work.

IMG_20190608_151612-01.jpg

IMG_20190609_103913-01.jpg

IMG_20190616_174712.jpg

IMG_20190624_192758-01.jpg

• Like 1

Diana you were busy today. Hope not to sore tomorrow. Lucky you another cruise in a month.
Is it the Holland 14 day, different ports that I wanted to take and someone else is doing but

I forgot who. (sorry to them)

shootr you were very busy today, What a pretty Pergola with shade and curtains. Great job

and nice pictures. Nice Spa and private.

I was busy today but in a different way. Spending money. Went clothes shopping. Bought some

pants, blouses. sweaters and shoes. What I miss when a certain size fit you and you just bought it.

Now seems like in some clothes now just sized so differently.  Now your size can be  anything.

Smaller or larger sizes then your normal size. You spend so much time trying on things. I think

what makes the sizes different is where they were made, Least I got some things. Haven't bought

anything in awhile.   

I tried something different today. I try to eat less carbs. Been said you fry radishes in butter

they taste like fried potatoes. No they don't but I didn't have any onion that might of made

a difference. They were ok but didn't really have a taste, maybe I didn't use enough seasoning.

Did everyone enjoy their weekend?   Hope everyone is ready for a good week ahead.

Good morning all!

Saturday's race went well - it was nice to have the whole family doing it even if we were all at different paces.  The speed walking took about the same time as run/walk, but the effort seemed more sustainable.  I'm sure with practice I will increase speed.

It was husband's birthday Saturday so we splurged with some pizza and fried appetizers.  It tasted good, but my body can't handle greasy carbs like it used to.  Salads today and tomorrow to use up all the produce before we leave Wednesday 🙂 

Shootr, your pergola looks great! 

Belle, clothing sizes and the lack of consistency is real - I'm anything from a medium to a 2X.  I usually don't have success with swapping one food for another (like the radishes) but do better with trying to make the second food the best version of that food.  I could see certain preparations where the radishes could taste like a really good roasted or fried root vegetable, but would never be a potato.  Just a thought 🙂 

Work out tonight, rest day tomorrow, then I'm going to try to fit in the 7 app (about 13 exercises at 30 seconds each) in the mornings during our vacation, plus hopefully a bit of walking.

Yes Belle, it's the 14 day HAL. Hubby and I took 1 HAL cruise 16 years ago, decided the age range was too old. I'll probably feel like a youngster on the cruise. It was the only thing that was easy for us, roundtrip out of Seattle.....one flight, nonstop, cheap. Cruise a ood deal for 14 days.

Fried radishes? Um, no. I would opt for eating a small potato. 

Shootr, great pergola. I know we feel we can do so much but feel it later........

pacruise, glad you had a good race. 

Diana

• Like 1

Good morning! Sound like everyone had a weekend! We went to our lake house for the weekend, with my daughter and her friend. Had lots of fun, stayed up too late, ate too much and drank too much wine. 😞

Now, back on track! 

Hope you all have a great week! 

• Like 1

Afternoon All...

Pac..Glad the race went nice with the whole family. Sounds like a fun birthday for

your husband. The only reason I tried the radishes was I had some that needed to be

use and read about frying them. Wouldn't of done it normally. Doesn't hurt to try something once.

Yes clothing sizes are just crazy.

Diana..You'll have a great cruise. It's summer should be a younger cruise but maybe not

because it's two weeks. Who knows. I'm so sorry I didn't take that cruise now but was going

with my daughter and didn't work out for her. Should of gone by myself.  But we're doing a 10 day

instead, she's leaving and I do another 20 day.  'So I can't cry!:classic_laugh:

Robin..Sounds like you had a fun week at the lake. A lake house, that's sounds so nice. Glad

you had a good time with your daughter. The food and drink will come off if gained but always

have the memories.

Hope everyone on this post and those just reading are having a great day. Remember this

thread is for everyone. Come in on Thursday's and weigh-in and talk during the week.

Keeps you accountable.

19 hours ago, Belle said:

Diana you were busy today. Hope not to sore tomorrow. Lucky you another cruise in a month.
Is it the Holland 14 day, different ports that I wanted to take and someone else is doing but

I forgot who. (sorry to them)

It was me

9 hours ago, winewanderer said:

Yes Belle, it's the 14 day HAL. Hubby and I took 1 HAL cruise 16 years ago, decided the age range was too old. I'll probably feel like a youngster on the cruise. It was the only thing that was easy for us, roundtrip out of Seattle.....one flight, nonstop, cheap. Cruise a ood deal for 14 days.

Fried radishes? Um, no. I would opt for eating a small potato. 

Shootr, great pergola. I know we feel we can do so much but feel it later........

pacruise, glad you had a good race. 

Diana

What date are you going? We're Aug. 26

It's Tuesday! No one talking?

Why?

Is it because you have a life?

Planning a cruise or getting ready for one!🚢

Could be your working?

Cleaning your house?

Out playing?

Whatever come in and say HELLO! No fun talking to myself!:classic_sad:

Been busy here!!!

On Monday I went with my DD for her to try on her wedding dress ... she has been doing WW and she put the dress on and it fell right off ... she has lost 25# and it really shows ... She will now have to have it resized -- She is so happy ... and I'm so glad for her.

Monday afternoon a cousin of my DH stopped by on her way back to MA from northern Maine.  We had a lovely lunch (I ate way too much ... and had a couple of cookies too)

Got so busy I forgot my 1:00 doctor's appointment ... oh well ... rescheduled for next week.

Did a amended tax return today .... think they were very happy with the results.  Cleaned my house and have been reading ... its a good day!  Jan

• Like 1

Belle, sound like you have a great cruising planned too.

Cruises42 we are on the Aug. 12th sailing. You are after us. 

Jan, congrats to your daughter on her weight loss and wedding. Awesome!

Robin, we have to live and enjoy life. You are back on track and that is the important thing.....

Have a good day everyone, Diana

• Like 1

Hello Jan and Diana.....Sure your reading this sometime on Wed. So Have a good day.

Jan...Yes you were busy today. Fun things and a work things. Sounds like more fun things!

Which is always good.  Congrats to daughter on getting married in Sept. and losing weight!

Diana...Yes happy for my cruises but still miss going on the one you and Cruises42 are going

on.  You'll just miss each other, you could pass at cruise port and not know it.  Know you'll both

have fun. Alaska is so Beautiful! 

Have a good day everyone. Hump Day for those working. Almost the weekend!:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Good morning from grey and rainy British Columbia.  Hope you are all having a great day! I got in a 30 minute treadmill routine this morning due to the rain... and I'm pretty pleased with myself, stayed on track so far all week. Do many of you meal plan? I did for the week and have stuck with it. I'm trying a low carb, high vegetable diet at the moment. Not Keto. Tomorrow though is DH's birthday so I will have to indulge in some carbs.... steak and a baked potato and fresh, corn on the cob.. 

Winewanderer and Cruises42 - do your HAL cruises stop in Vancouver? Let me know if you need any tips on shore excursions... I'm only 40 mins away and have lived here all my life. 

Belle - Have a great day!

Thank you Robin.

Congrats on doing exercise and sticking to your meal plan.  Tell your husband Happy Birthday

and you both enjoy his birthday dinner.

I try to do low carb to but the last few days haven't done to well. Today is another day.

How's everyone doing this week? Good or you could be doing better like me?

Keto pizza: shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and italian seasoning with some pepperoni on top. Melted down until the bottom starts to brown. Awesome. 

Not one cheat for 8 days now - feels amazing to FINALLY get my head right. Been at 1500 calories or less every day, 20 carbs or less each day, zero beer or soda. 

Hope everyone else is having a good week. 

IMG_20190717_170802-01.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

Good morning from grey and rainy British Columbia.  Hope you are all having a great day! I got in a 30 minute treadmill routine this morning due to the rain... and I'm pretty pleased with myself, stayed on track so far all week. Do many of you meal plan? I did for the week and have stuck with it. I'm trying a low carb, high vegetable diet at the moment. Not Keto. Tomorrow though is DH's birthday so I will have to indulge in some carbs.... steak and a baked potato and fresh, corn on the cob.. 

Winewanderer and Cruises42 - do your HAL cruises stop in Vancouver? Let me know if you need any tips on shore excursions... I'm only 40 mins away and have lived here all my life. 

Belle - Have a great day!

Our cruise stops in Victoria. Thanks for the offer of tips.