Cruise Critic Community
Port out

The enemy will regret detaining our oil tanker

Headline in the Mail. Just a bit worrying about the escalating situation against the UK in the Gulf. Oceana has the Union Jack flying across her bow so not sure I'd want to take a cruise in that region until it is all settled.

Left out

Amazing!! A huge white American owned vessel with the U-Jack emblazoned across her bows glides though waters infested with criminal gangs and Brit/US-hating enemies with sophisticated firepower ....... and you are now worried. Wish I was on what you are.  My daughter cancelled her cruise in this area when she saw the Foreign Office comments about safety - or lack of it.

Our first sailing on Britannia was when she was only a few months old,the first with the Union Jack on the bows & here we were sailing to Spain at the height of tensions over Gibraltar,couldn't help feeling it was like a red rag to a bull at the time!

If it’s too dodgy to go there it’ll go somewhere else they’ll have a lot more intel than the Daily Mail and all it’s experts. It’s probably more dangerous walking around London at the moment with all the knife crime. 

Don't worry,they don't like it up em you know.

We were looking at a Arabian gulf cruise prior a b2 B we are thinking of doing. My wife says, it may be a bit risky (insurance purposes) so it is currently off the table again.

I think it is wise to be cautious, but that doesn't necessarily mean we are scared.

18 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

If it’s too dodgy to go there it’ll go somewhere else they’ll have a lot more intel than the Daily Mail and all it’s experts. It’s probably more dangerous walking around London at the moment with all the knife crime. 

I have to agree.

Also I think people should be more worried about what Trump may tweet, that could make this situation worse, than sailing on Oceana 

13 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

I have to agree.

Also I think people should be more worried about what Trump may tweet, that could make this situation worse, than sailing on Oceana 

Absolutely.

And it’s not just that child-idiot Trump we need worry about. It’s also clown-buffoon Boris Johnson and his unfailing ability to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

The damage he did as Foreign Secretary lives on, particularly in the shape of the imprisoned British-Iranian woman whose plight he so seriously damaged by his lack of knowledge, failure to do his homework, and sheer incompetence when he came out with a load of untrue rubbish and made a bad situation even worse.

16 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely.

And it’s not just that child-idiot Trump we need worry about. It’s also clown-buffoon Boris Johnson and his unfailing ability to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

The damage he did as Foreign Secretary lives on, particularly in the shape of the imprisoned British-Iranian woman whose plight he so seriously damaged by his lack of knowledge, failure to do his homework, and sheer incompetence when he came out with a load of untrue rubbish and made a bad situation even worse.

Can't help feeling that such people seem to fail to realise that they are in 'fairly' responsible positions & really need to act their ages instead of the shoe sizes!

7 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Can't help feeling that such people seem to fail to realise that they are in 'fairly' responsible positions & really need to act their ages instead of the shoe sizes!

The main problem with both of them is that they think only of one thing - themselves. And their countries can go hang. It’s left to others to clear up their messes.

Posted (edited)

Rather an inflammatory headline Port Out - "The enemy will regret detaining our oil Tanker" 

Tensions over an extremely lengthy period of time may be high but I wasn't aware that we were at war with Iran. Don't you think it a bit strong to use the term the enemy?

Potentially a very interesting situation could develop here especially if considering Oceana sailing out of Dubai and P&O. A Bermudan registered ship owned by a U.S. corporation with a very large compliment of British passengers and a multi national crew.

Edited by AchileLauro

1 hour ago, AchileLauro said:

Rather an inflammatory headline Port Out - "The enemy will regret detaining our oil Tanker" 

Tensions over an extremely lengthy period of time may be high but I wasn't aware that we were at war with Iran. Don't you think it a bit strong to use the term the enemy?

Potentially a very interesting situation could develop here especially if considering Oceana sailing out of Dubai and P&O. A Bermudan registered ship owned by a U.S. corporation with a very large compliment of British passengers and a multi national crew.

Careful posting on here.Just seeing your name will start a panic,lol.

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They may have some friends called Costa Concordia.😋

No worries Mick,just don't mention the Lusi---,oops,nearly.

Yeah,nearly had that sinking feeling.

Sorry,wrong faith,I'm more of a Neptune man myself.Being Roman and all that,lol.

Must admit,never heard of her.How can you compare wells and springs with all the oceans.

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Must admit,never heard of her.How can you compare wells and springs with all the oceans.

I just looked for a Romano- British God or Goddess and, well, this one just happened to spring to mind. Besides, I like to Cruise well in spring.😁

You had to fish deep for those puns Mick(yeah, I know it should be dig).Hey,you looked around,we're the only ones in here,we should scuttle this thread.

16 hours ago, brian1 said:

You had to fish deep for those puns Mick(yeah, I know it should be dig).Hey,you looked around,we're the only ones in here,we should scuttle this thread.

Yeah, maybe for the best.