CoCo Cay Waterpark Q

On 7/11/2019 at 2:34 PM, ptf2009 said:

okay, thanks..so the snack shack is only for the water park cruisers. Hopefully the food they serve there will be at the other two venues on the island:)

There are two snack shack locations, so you can use the one on the other side of Oasis Lagoon if you are not entering the water park. Same menu. 

47 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

There are two snack shack locations, so you can use the one on the other side of Oasis Lagoon if you are not entering the water park. Same menu. 

Thank you for your response. Is the ice cream at the snack shack? If not, what venue?

Yep. There it is in the fine print.

Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion. All guests 4 years of age and older must pay for entrance in Thrill Waterpark. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.

Guests must sign a Risk Acknowledgement form to participate.

Since your older kids are not the parent or guardian of their younger siblings, I doubt they would be allowed to sign a consent form for them.  I wonder if this is something you can sign in advance like they do for the onboard sports stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

When would  the thrill waterpark passes show up on your planner for purchase?  I have a trip booked for next May.  I've been watching my cruise planner for a few months now and it is not an option to purchase on there.  There is a cabana I can purchase and several other excursions but nothing for the waterpark.  

After seeing the water park on Coco Cay and comparing it to water parks in Florida, I am flabbergasted about adults complaining about having to pay to enter the Coco Cay water park. 

In Florida, if you enter a water park you pay even if you don't do any of the features.  Why should Coco Cay be different? 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 1:12 PM, npb1894 said:

My travel agent talked with Royal and they said that we would not have to pay and that they would note that in our reservations.  Also, this might be a silly question but why does it let you buy the excursion for someone under 18 and not purchase for anyone else if they are not going to let them in?

Good luck with that.  The rep at the gate likely isn't going to give a hoot about some note that has supposedly be added to your reservation.  Wouldn't be the first time someone got misinformation from a phone rep.

As for letting you buy a ticket just for your kid and not yourself.... as others have said, they assume you can read and know they must be accompanied by an adult, but maybe Uncle Bob, who is on another reservation, has agreed to accompany all the kids to the water that day. 

On 7/16/2019 at 11:20 AM, npb1894 said:

My plan is to send the younger ones in with the boys over 18 who have passes then they can leave them in there.  I'm assuming once they are in that they don't have to have an adult standing next to them. Regardless of what my travel agent says, I'm still confused how they allow me to buy the pass for my 16 year old and not buy one for someone over 18.  Seems strange....

See above.