"Orange party" night!

ATC

Has anyone been on a recent cruise that had an "Orange Party" night. I hear they will be one night per cruise.

What was the dress code on the night it was held?

Where on the ship was it held?

How was the attendance?

Westerdam June    In BB Kings Lounge 9:45 pm, short cruise Some orange wigs, hats on bartenders and waiters.  Excellent cream puff and as assorted trays of Dutch specialties.  Some pax wore orange. A few more pax in attendance than a typical BBKings set.

Noordam April, BBKIngs Lounge, 8:45 pm. long cruise.  Over the top, orange wigs, costumes on staff, decorations.  Lots of food passed around for a longer time, some of BB Kings band wore orange. Lots of pax wore orange. Lots of interest from the pax.

Fun hour or so, something different

Edited by SilvertoGold

59 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Yes, but the party on Koningsdag is really different: an all day party with many events.

That was not the case on Maasdam last year. Short party by the pool for Koningsdag. Underwhelming. Whereas last month on Maasdam it was a decent party.

Also there was a thread about this just a week or two ago.

From what I'm reading here, it seems like this party will just vary depending on "the exuberance" of the crew.  We were on one sailing where the Halloween party was just great because the crew really got into dressing up and being wild at the BB King Blues venue. It was so much fun.  So personally I'd just wear my orange and wait to see what happens!

7 hours ago, ATC said:

Was it on a Gala night?

No. Ours was at 9:30pm in the Crow's Nest on a non-gala night fairly late in the cruise. Dutch treats were served (the cream puffs were to die for) and there was a special orange drink at the bar (said Sex on the Beach on my receipt but they called it something else). They also passed out some orange bling.

10 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

From what I'm reading here, it seems like this party will just vary depending on "the exuberance" of the crew.  We were on one sailing where the Halloween party was just great because the crew really got into dressing up and being wild at the BB King Blues venue. It was so much fun.  So personally I'd just wear my orange and wait to see what happens!

The Hotel manager and crew are certainly instrumental in how much is done for the Orange Party.  If you want to see a really good one, the Rotterdam in Europe goes all out!

• Like 1

My DH and I were on the same cruise with jokerstef on the Maasdam.  The Orange Party was on the same night that the ship had the Bar Hop. We did the Bar Hop and ended up in the Crow's Nest...after 4 drinks in 4 bars we were ready to party!! We didn't have anything orange, but the bar staff had given us orange beads and an orange glow stick, so we were ready for the party. It was a fun night and quite a few of the officers were up there enjoying the party also.

• Like 1

In the latest issue of MARINER Magazine, there is a blurb about the Orange Party.  You can read it online here:  https://digital.cenveomobile.com/publication/?i=548686&p=&pn=#{"issue_id":"599916","page":10}

On our recent sailing, there was no explanation of what it was, either from the CD or in printed materials.  In the “When and Where”, there was merely a notation of where it would be and a headline under “Tonight’s Dress Code: Orange Smart Casual”, and the EXC Guide mentioned a “celebration of Dutch heritage”.  There was no mention of special food.  The schedule showed a beginning time of 9:45pm and there was no entertainment that evening in the main theater.  The Music Walk musicians did wear orange costumes all evening and the CD interrupted BB Kings’ set early to do a line dance.  In my opinion, it would have been better to have the Orange Party begin earlier on a night where there was no entertainment on the World Stage, and also tell guests what to expect. Sounds like some ships go all out for a fun night.

Here's another recent Thread about the Orange Party: 

Edited by syesmar

3 minutes ago, esther e said:

I agree with Krazy Kruizers: I ow..n nothing orange and won't buy anything orange.  LOL  Not my color.  Now if it were blue..........

The right blue is the colour the Dutch often pair with orange!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 7:15 AM, esther e said:

I agree with Krazy Kruizers: I ow..n nothing orange and won't buy anything orange.  LOL  Not my color.  Now if it were blue..........

Yes...orange is "difficult" for some.  I can see from your photo, Esther, that you are a "summer," as am I.  I haven't worn orange since maybe the 1980s, when I had my colors "done" according to the "Color Me Beautiful" formula.  But....I am making an exception for the Orange Party.  

I'm counting on the lighting being favorable.  lol  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Yes...orange is "difficult" for some.  I can see from your photo, Esther, that you are a "summer," as am I.  I haven't worn orange since maybe the 1980s, when I had my colors "done" according to the "Color Me Beautiful" formula.  But....I am making an exception for the Orange Party.  

I'm counting on the lighting being favorable.  lol  😂

at last...people who understand why I - wintertype (Color me Beautiful indeed) - will not wear orange clothing. Had to in more than 20 years field hockey playing, so I know the effect. But I bought orange ribbons and will see how to attach it.  Orange shoestrings will do too, I presume.  😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:
9 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

More or less.  Small, round choux pastry with whipped cream filling and chocolate icing. YUM!

Got it! Bosche bol from Den Bosch. Only in Holland they are not a bite size.

Edited by SweetsugarNL
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SweetsugarNL said:

At the Nieuw Statendam’s Grand Dutch Cafe, the koningsbol is not bite size, but quite large.  I didn’t see the ones at the Orange Party, but there were smaller versions in the Lido on occasion.

• Haha 1