When will they replace the old granduer from Baltimore port?

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Easy for you to say, you're not responsible for deployment success or failures.

Over Grandeur, absolutely.  

Pretty sure Radiance jet fuel is pricey. 

Oh, and keep in mind, for their increased size, the Radiance ships carry substantially less passengers 

It is easy for you to go along with what Bayley said because that is your general  modis operandi. 

2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Yup.  On day one we usually hit Horseshoe Bay for about two hours, then return to ship to shower and get ready. Then we take the ferry to Hamilton and have a nice dinner and drinks. On day two we usually spend the whole day at Horseshoe Bay.  

Next on my bucket list is a  7-day NCL cruise from NYC with 3 days, 2 overnights in Bermuda.  

We are doing 3 days, with 2 overnights in Bermuda on Serenade out of Boston in October.  Arrive at 8am and leave at 4pm on the third day, so have three long days there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are doing 3 days, with 2 overnights in Bermuda on Serenade out of Boston in October.  Arrive at 8am and leave at 4pm on the third day, so have three long days there.

How long is the voyage?

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

7 days.  We have two sea days, then the three days in Bermuda and then one sea day back.

I guess Grandeur could stay two more days as well. Maybe there's a market for a couple of 7 days mixed into that 9/5 rotation 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Definitely a possibility but I think a Radiance Class is more likely someday.  I don't care for Grandeur of the Seas.   Radiance class is much better. But what I really don't like is her Bermuda itineraries which arrive late the first day and leave early the second day. I would not do that itinerary on any ship. 

So how would changing to a Radiance class change that???

It is not like they are faster. 😄

18 hours ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

They used to spend more in port. When we took GOS out of Norfolk, we had almost 3 days - we arrived morning of the first day(9 AM) and left on the 3rd day at 4 PM. Two nights in port.

Hmmm.  MIGHT be due to the transit down and back up the Bay???????

😄

I know coming back, they enter the Bay around 9PM.  So a a next morning arrive (same 5 nights), ending in Norfolk would mean leaving Bermuda 10 hours later.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The 12-night itinerary is VERY popular.  Grandeur does that itinerary frequently.

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't mention them.  Makes it harder for us to book them. 😄

Just did the April 12 nighter.  NO suites available to repeat in 2020, but have booked it for 2021. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRF said:

So how would changing to a Radiance class change that???

It is not like they are faster. 😄

I never said it would. If they had a Radiance class ship I would book the sailings that don’t do the 5 day Bermuda. I live less than an hour from the port. I won’t book Grandeur or Carnival Pride. I would book a 9, 10 or 11 day cruise on Radiance class. I just did an 11 day out of Bayonne on Summit which is a semi sister to Radiance class. I will sail out of New York or fly to Florida rather than Grandeur. I flew to San Juan for a Radiance class ship. 

Carnival is expanding their Bermuda sailings from Baltimore to have more with 3 days in Bermuda.The length of Bermuda sailings from Baltimore is a business decision.

http://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/article/20190713/carnival-expands-its-schedule-to-island

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pumbaamd said:

We were told several years ago that the cruise ships must enter and leave the Bermuda ports only during day light hours. Navigation in the dark can be difficult in the narrow channels. 

R&D

I can certainly understand that.  When I loked at those channels I was surprised at how narrow they were.

In 2006 we did a GR repo from Baltimore to NOLA. One port stop was King's Wharf. A bad storm caught us when we were trying to leave port and winds were pushing us up against the pier. It was getting late and the port wanted us out ASAP. Faithful and Powerful came along side and got us out into the channel in time.

R&D

Grandeur June 2015 006.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I never said it would. If they had a Radiance class ship I would book the sailings that don’t do the 5 day Bermuda. I live less than an hour from the port. I won’t book Grandeur or Carnival Pride. I would book a 9, 10 or 11 day cruise on Radiance class. I just did an 11 day out of Bayonne on Summit which is a semi sister to Radiance class. I will sail out of New York or fly to Florida rather than Grandeur. I flew to San Juan for a Radiance class ship. 

Carnival is expanding their Bermuda sailings from Baltimore to have more with 3 days in Bermuda.The length of Bermuda sailings from Baltimore is a business decision.

http://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/article/20190713/carnival-expands-its-schedule-to-island

Why is Summit a semi sister to Radiance class? 

11 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Why is Summit a semi sister to Radiance class? 

Very similar design, built at the same place with the same "unique" power generating system.

Edited by Biker19

33 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Very similar design, built at the same place with the same "unique" power generating system.

Well you are wrong. The Radiance-class were built between 2001 - 2004 in Papenburg Germany by Meyer Werft.

The Millennium-class ships were built between 1999 and 2002 at Chantiers de l’Atlantique in Saint Nazaire, France.