Canyon Ranch Spa going away

LesSails80435

I've used the spa on Carnival, Celebrity and Princess before Oceania...all were grossly overpriced, gave excellent services and had friendly employees. The only difference I've found is that CR on Insignia NEVER tried to sell me any products or extra services...all the others pushed stuff at every session. Obviously I know how to say "no", but I love not having to say it! If O goes with Steiner, sadly that will all change!  🙁

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I've used the spa on Carnival, Celebrity and Princess before Oceania...all were grossly overpriced, gave excellent services and had friendly employees. The only difference I've found is that CR on Insignia NEVER tried to sell me any products or extra services...all the others pushed stuff at every session. Obviously I know how to say "no", but I love not having to say it! If O goes with Steiner, sadly that will all change!  🙁

After recent experiences on Crystal and HAL I did notice the sales focus compared to CR but it was not at all excessive. I had several spa treatments with different staff and was only hit up with a sales pitch twice. Both were a pretty passive mention which I declined. Conversations on the subject started and ended in about 15 seconds. Many of the treatments had a listed regular price which was about the same as CR in port only specials.

• 3 weeks later...

Dredging up this old topic because i just received an email promotion for Canyon Ranch Spa for our Sirena cruise in January. My understanding from this thread was that CRS was "going away" at the end of the year. Has anyone heard anything different? The subject line read "Wellness at Sea During your 1/13/2020 Cruise." 

Confusedly yours

Donna

1 hour ago, Toranut97 said:

Dredging up this old topic because i just received an email promotion for Canyon Ranch Spa for our Sirena cruise in January. My understanding from this thread was that CRS was "going away" at the end of the year. Has anyone heard anything different? The subject line read "Wellness at Sea During your 1/13/2020 Cruise." 

Confusedly yours

Donna

There will still be a spa, but Steiner will run it. My massage woman verified that they have a 5 year contract with Oceania. She isn't too happy and is worried that she'll have to start pushing products.   ☹️

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone. Living as I do in the plastic surgery capital of the world, vanity is ever with us. I am slightly addicted myself. Especially on longer cruises I go to the spa. However, I never liked Steiner. Every visit was an exercise in avoiding the hard sell. When I asked where to  buy replacements for products I bought on board no one knew, so why buy. They were just too annoying so I hope it isn't them. It was so convenient to make CR appointments before boarding. Ah, the good old days.

Mary

Edited by warburg
didn't like something

On July 11, 2019 at 6:08 PM, LHT28 said:

well  concessionaires  change

I think it was Mandara  years ago  or Elemis  ?? Maybe someone remembers the name back in the early years

They probably get a better deal since  NCL ships  have Mandura spas on their ships

I think it was Elemis......way back in those Early years" Lyn. We will get our last spa treatment in Sept on Marina.....our 20th cruise. Can you believe that?

11 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

I think it was Elemis......way back in those Early years" Lyn. We will get our last spa treatment in Sept on Marina.....our 20th cruise. Can you believe that?

You finally made it  👍

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn