Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrsgthatsme

Soda Package as Gift?

My parents are taking a Holland America cruise this fall. My dad is very frugal, so although he loves soda, he never treats himself to the soda package. I thought it might be fun to give this to him as a birthday gift. First off, what is the current cost of the soda package? Also, what would the best way be for me to pay for this? Is there such a thing as a Holland America gift card that they could use to purchase it onboard, or is there a way for me to pay for it in advance? Thank you!

You can call HAL Ship Services at 800-541-1576 and order it. You will pay immediately by credit/debit card and it will be in the cabin when your parents embark. There will also be a note containing any sentiment you wish like "Bon Voyage" or just "Enjoy"

Thank you for the information! Do you know if I would qualify for the $25 for $50 of soda discount deal if I buy it as a gift? 

You will have to purchase one for each of your parents, though.  Unfortunately HAL makes everyone in the cabin have a package.  The soda-only package is $8/day per person.  A beverage card might do the trick, though.

If you get their booking number, you might can book it online (or also peruse what other items are available) at the link below.  I don't have a current booking number to be able to see what's on offer. 

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/secondaryFlow/login?ul=true

3 minutes ago, mrsgthatsme said:

Thank you for the information! Do you know if I would qualify for the $25 for $50 of soda discount deal if I buy it as a gift? 

It should be available. It is a standard item available for sale.

Thank you for the helpful information. So am I understanding correctly that there are two options for soda packages... either $8/day per person, which I assume is unlimited and includes tip? or the $50 "gift card" type options where you pay $25 in advance and then swipe it each time you get a soda?