Cruise Critic Community
chloe kitty

Carnival Shareholders benefit.

3 minutes ago, SDPilot said:

I can see it on the website if I go to print documents.  On the Cruise Manager screen, choose "Print Documents", then "Print General Information".  On the General Information sheet, my OBC is visible on page 2, in the second box down on the left side.

Thank you so very much. My TA did not know  how.

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, twodaywonder said:

Dear twodaywonder,

Now your travel Agent/Angency does!

Edited by AAAAmerican
t

3 hours ago, AAAAmerican said:

Dear twodaywonder,

Now your travel Agent/Angency does!

You are correct. I sent it to her. 

What is the minimum number of shares you need to buy to get OBC benefits?  We've been talking about buying some shares for a while.

4 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

What is the minimum number of shares you need to buy to get OBC benefits?  We've been talking about buying some shares for a while.

100 and a very good time to get them.

5 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

100 shares 

I purchased 100 shares back in 2006... went on two 7-Day cruises within a year with a $100 OBC each, and sold the shares in 2007 with about a $6 profit per share.  Was a real sweet deal.

The stock closed at $45.09 on Friday, July 19... so I placed by buy order today for 100 shares.  I have a 10-day and 16-day cruise coming up in the next year, so that's $350 OBC which is like a 7.75% return even if the stock stays flat.  Also, a year of dividends is another 4.4% return.  Seems like a no-brainer for my circumstance. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, twodaywonder said:

I would start looking for another TA if mine couldn’t tell me how to print my cruise documents to show the onboard credit reflected on my booking.

Edited by xDisconnections

9 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I would start looking for another TA if mine couldn’t tell me how to print my cruise documents to show the onboard credit reflected on my booking.

It wasn't that. No problem with the cruise documents. I wanted to find the OBC on the web site. I did not know you had to first complete the on line registration before you could view them. Not the same on a few other lines. Once you are booked no matter how long before the cruise you can see all the perks you are receiving. Not so with Carnival.

stock does look attractive at current prices

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, AAAAmerican said:

Dear Banditswife,

Congratulations on your Kan san retirement.

On CCL :NYSE /LSE CUK :NYSE the Common Stock Shareholder i9s a Gifting and you may use it on any of Carnivals own and other Cruiselines too. It shows this in the 10-K.

Why only 100 shares. As now they have declared the New Dividend and it is a great Yield of over 4.3 %!! Do any of your CDs , Bank/Credit Unions Interest rates match that?

With Dividend ReInvestment ((DRIP))  the Compounding is amazing!

Only 100 shares because yes, we usually earn more than 5% on our stock portfolio.  We are fortunate enough to have an excellent financial advisor.

There is another thread discussing this shareholders benefit & I have already asked these questions on it.  Do anyone have a link specifically for  the Carnival shareholder benefit request form.  The link I clicked on from earlier in this thread was for Princess.

15 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I printed out this form, but for Carnival, what would be the snail mail address to send it to.

They do it very fast. I would hope you send it long before your cruise. They want it I Think at least two weeks before you cruise. Do not remember. I send mine in many months before the cruise. They have always approved it without question.

11 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

They want it I Think at least two weeks before you cruise. Do not remember. 

...no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date...

Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2020. 

Please provide by fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE 
Guest Administration
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178 
Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450 
Fax 305 406 610 

15 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I printed out this form, but for Carnival, what would be the snail mail address to send it to.

You send that form to Princess they do both Princess and carnival share holders requests.

That is where I have sent mine over the years. VentureMan just posted the fax for Carnival

The first time I sent in a request I just gave them all the information they needed. never sent a form at all.

Princess has a different address than Carnival.  I'm skeptical that Princess would process a Carnival request, because of this.

PRINCESS CRUISES* 
Booking Support 
24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200 
Santa Clarita, CA 91355 
Tel 800 872 6779
Fax 661 753 0180

On 7/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, Banditswife said:

Thank you all for this information.  I just retired & am planning on buying 100 shares with a portion  my pension.  We had shares a few years ago, but for whatever reason, cashed them in.  I couldn't remember the exact amounts of OBC, nor where to send my documentation.  We have 3 cruises booked, 2 are 14+ days, so I think it'll be well worth the initial investment.  So am I understanding this correctly-- that we can apply for the credit for all 3 cruises in 1 fax or email?  Do you just mention your booking # or VIFP#?  Thanks for the valuable info.

With all that OBC you'll just about pay for your 100 share purchse.  BTW, the price of Carnival stock is way down now.  So now is a good time to buy.

2 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Princess has a different address than Carnival.  I'm skeptical that Princess would process a Carnival request, because of this.

PRINCESS CRUISES* 
Booking Support 
Santa Clarita, CA 91355 
Tel 800 872 6779
Fax 661 753 0180

I take it you have not seen the form. On the top it indicates Carnival & Princess

1 minute ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

PRINCESS CRUISES* 
Booking Support 
Santa Clarita, CA 91355 
Tel 800 872 6779
Fax 661 753 0180

Princess is part of the Carnival Corporation.  And the great thing about Princess is that they will readily compound all your OBC to include Military, Shareholder, etc.

1 minute ago, twodaywonder said:

I take it you have not seen the form. On the top it indicates Carnival & Princess

CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLC

SHAREHOLDER BENEFIT OBC REQUEST FORM