Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ron the Rev

Coffee cards on a b2b

Recommended Posts

We are elite and in a penthouse suit on future bookings. Thinking to trade out one set of the mini bar for coffee cards on the 1st leg of our back to back.Question is would the cards still be valid on the 2nd leg ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MY  purchased coffee card on my first leg of back to back carried over to the second leg, last September . I asked at the front desk, and they confirmed it. This was the same ship for the duration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked that same question to Princess on their Facebook page.  I was told that the coffee card would expire after the first leg.  I'm glad to hear that someone had a positive experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, tere247 said:

I asked that same question to Princess on their Facebook page.  I was told that the coffee card would expire after the first leg.  I'm glad to hear that someone had a positive experience. 

I talked to a Captain's Circle rep and she said the coffee card expires at the end of the first leg even though we booked it as one cruise.  Makes no sense but will check once on board.

 

Edited by Happy2cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 5:13 AM, Ron the Rev said:

We are elite and in a penthouse suit on future bookings. Thinking to trade out one set of the mini bar for coffee cards on the 1st leg of our back to back.Question is would the cards still be valid on the 2nd leg ?

the coffee cards never expire. I've been using the same copy card from like 4 cruises ago for my tities. Which I always get every so often. Has not been a problem using from ship to ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

the coffee cards never expire. I've been using the same copy card from like 4 cruises ago for my tities. Which I always get every so often. Has not been a problem using from ship to ship.

You do realize that ALL coffee cards will expire on Aug 31, 2019.

 

Whether or not they'll let people extend unused coffee's in their system over more than one cruise seems to be up to an individual ship at this point in time. Even the unlimited teas and brewed coffee's may require an additional purchase or trade in of the  mini bar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

You do realize that ALL coffee cards will expire on Aug 31, 2019

Yes. Forgot to mention that in my comment. Thank you. Luckily I just finished it up on my cruise last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I miss when the coffee cards were allowed to be used on gelato for double punches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jeter02 said:

Yes. Forgot to mention that in my comment. Thank you. Luckily I just finished it up on my cruise last week.

I still have many of the cards that will soon be souvenirs in the near future. :classic_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

Personally, I miss when the coffee cards were allowed to be used on gelato for double punches.

Yep. Those were the good old days.... and they never even punched my cards twice most times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can recall reading a post where someone mentioned that if your folio number doesn't change your coffee 'card' will be honored through out the b2b. Now on all the b2bs we've done the folio number hasn't changed (remained in same cabin if that makes a difference) and our stateroom account and internet minutes have just rolled over to the next segment. We are on a 29 day in the fall which could have been booked as a 14 and a 15 and are planning on trading in our first mini bar for coffee cards, so I guess we're due to find out.

 

Bbum

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My coffee cards(new one) lasted my 45 day cruise (booked as 3)

Was solo. 30 drinks. worked out fine.  I changed cabins once.

Edited by Belle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The coffee package (traded for or purchased) is now put on the passengers account electronically so no more cards.

Best to keep track of your 15 specialty drinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On the Royal in late April we sailed B2B 7-day cruises & decided to keep both minibars (20-beers; 20-sodas) and to purchase one coffee package.  We confirmed with an IC barista that it would be valid for 14 days before purchasing it.  She recommended to confirm at the PSD near the end of the first cruise that it’d carryover to the second cruise which it did.

 

While we purchased the coffee package it should be managed the same way as getting it in exchange for a minibar.

 

Princess statements on Facebook & the Captain’s Circle rep that it ends at the end of the cruise where it’s purchased is from their coffee package rules:

 

“The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose”.

 

But like majorjan our coffee package purchased at the beginning of our first of B2B cruises carried over to the second cruise.  Maybe we got lucky & in the future I’ll confirm the coffee package procedure before purchasing it.

 

Edited by Astro Flyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm hoping with new system they will carry over. I booked 2 weeks on the Sky in December I only have one booking number and stay in the same cabin the whole 2 weeks. I plan on trading in my minibar for 2 coffee cards and I want all of them loaded onto my account DH don't do coffee. I was told by my PVP that it shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully someone can confirm before our cruise. Just like our soda package I prepurchased in the personalizer is for the whole 14 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Belle said:

My coffee cards(new one) lasted my 45 day cruise (booked as 3)

Was solo. 30 drinks. worked out fine.  I changed cabins once.

 

Good to know that you had the same experience as me on the Royal when booking as multiple continuous cruises.  If that’s going to be the fleetwide procedure then they need to update their coffee package rules to eliminate the uncertainty about what passengers should expect.

 

Our cruise later this year is booked as a 28 day cruise (could be booked as 7/7/14 days) so the coffee package should be valid during our entire cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, shanecindy21403 said:

account DH don't do coffee

what about the 'the other beverages' covered by the coffee package ? ... you can still 'do' his 15 specialties ... just may be a little hassle as he would have to be there ... mayble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a B2B I think Elites have posted that you get another mini-bar setup for the second cruise no matter how booked.  I can see Princess might say you need a new coffee package for the second leg.  But I also understand people want to be able to use the 15 drinks up over the length of their entire voyage (if they don't have a lot of them).  It is a tricky situation that I think is unique in all the offered packages as there is the free unlimited regular coffee/tea/hot chocolate piece to it and then the 15 special drinks which obviously have a max limit.  Also, those can be shared, but not the free stuff.  Rather complex and naturally cruisers want to work it to their max benefit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

But like majorjan our coffee package purchased at the beginning of our first of B2B cruises carried over to the second cruise.  Maybe we got lucky & in the future I’ll confirm the coffee package procedure before purchasing it.

 

After what they did to the old coffee cards I'll be sure to use up my electronic punches on our first leg, just to make sure. With Princess things just might change overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my B2B 7 day cruises, I had three specialties coffees left over on day 7, and went to the front desk to ask if I could use them on my second leg. She said yes, as she looked on the computer.  On the second leg, the IC confirmed the pkg was valid. The coffee and cones on the lido deck, this was on the Caribbean Princess, often didn't charge my card, as they said they were too busy, I would expect the card carries over to the next leg, but I had intended to buy another coffee pkg for my second leg anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, shanecindy21403 said:

Well I'm hoping with new system they will carry over. I booked 2 weeks on the Sky in December I only have one booking number and stay in the same cabin the whole 2 weeks. I plan on trading in my minibar for 2 coffee cards and I want all of them loaded onto my account DH don't do coffee. I was told by my PVP that it shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully someone can confirm before our cruise. Just like our soda package I prepurchased in the personalizer is for the whole 14 days.

Now that I think about it. The coffee package which would be loaded onto your medallion (as the medallion ships no longer use physical cards), if you're booked on a b2b. It would most definitely roll over to the next leg. My OBC always rolls over from one week to the next, therefore the coffee would do the same. Keep in mind the coffee package is punch based (limited # of drinks) unlike drink packages where you're paying a daily rate. I'd say woohoo, unless you drink lots of coffee (15 within the week), Then you would need to purchase another Package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

The coffee package which would be loaded onto your medallion (as the medallion ships no longer use physical cards)

 

Since June 2018 the coffee package has been electronically added to our cruise account on all ships whether using a cruise card or Medallion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

 

Since June 2018 the coffee package has been electronically added to our cruise account on all ships whether using a cruise card or Medallion.

Good to know. Might as well since most of these ships are slowly becoming medallion one by one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a coffee card on a b2b booked as one cruise last April.  The coffee card carried over to the 2'nd leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...