Trip insurance websites

zitsky

Just calling them saved me SO much time. 

I thought I would have to put all options on a spreadsheet to do the evalutation and figure out which is best.   I'm totally comfortable doing that (Love spreadsheets)

Bit Steve saved me so much time by totally eliminating certain options I was seriously considering as not advisable and "more $ than I need to spend."   He made the decision simple and fast.  

Moreover, I called just thinking I'd leave him a message - it was on a Thursday or Friday night at 8pm eastern time.  Steve patiently answered all my questions even though he clearly had a cold.

Now that I've had time to read the alllll the detail of the policy, I agree with his advice.

Also agree - knowing how they are saving the CC info would be a good question.  Hopefully it's encrypted.  I was just so thrilled it was so as easy as pasting something into an email I didn't think to ask.

Edited by SempreMare

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

That's interesting.  I would really like to know how, in what way, they are saving your credit card info.

I'll tell you what.  Next time I need insurance, I will give them another try.  And I will CALL them since it seems to be the way they work best.

We've also had them keep our charge card info on occasion for future policies.  VERY simple; just ask them.

But usually we just tell them the number of the card we want to use.

Also, once we've started a policy for a new trip, for the deposit amount, then for *that* trip, of course they have the charge info, and they just "add coverage" to it.  We update whenever we have additional non-refundable costs, in the intervals used (initially, per $500, and then it goes by $1,000's).

But your concern was that you *insisted* on being able to enter the charge card info (and all of the process) ONLINE.  And from what you've reported, that isn't possible with TIS.

*Calling* them isn't a new possibility; it's been mentioned frequently.

GC