Oceania Contact Us form

ropomo

Is Oceania usually prompt in replying to inquiries using their Contact Us form on their website?  Submitted inquiry about a booked cruise almost a week ago.  Nothing but crickets.  Don't want to try again or call if this is normal.  Used to a 2-3 hour response time from Viking.

Since we have absolutely no clue what the inquiry was about it’s difficult to answer how long a reply may take. 

One of the numerous reasons well have a good TA is to have them handle any such issues or questions.

Sometimes the answer to a question is: It depends! No hard fast rule. It depends upon the CD, or GM, where your sailing, which ship, etc. People often come here looking for Bedrock answers to questions and there aren’t any, it just depends.

Since the OP wants a response “in writing “, maybe O’s team is just waiting for the legal team to craft a wonderfully worded response saying “ it depends “. Enjoy your cruise.

We highly recommend using a TA with Oceania experience and knowledge. Most of these issues cease to exist when you have one.

We found (a bit to our surprise) that even though we used a TA, we were able to "talk with Oceania", etc.  There's even a prompt for those who use a TA on the early "voice menu".

A suggestion from a totally different company where we also didn't just want a "phone call", although in many cases the calls are indeed recorded, etc.  (Getting copies of the recordings, however.... probably involves legal.  But they know there *are* recordings if it comes to that.  It did once, but with a financial institution, so that's for a different forum entirely!)

My situation involved our first experience with travel insurance, so I didn't yet know whether the company was going to give us all sorts of nonsense (they did not, and we've used them repeatedly, no surprise).

Anyway, after not getting responses to the emails sent to the equivalent of "MainUnmonitoredInbox@Vendor.com", I called.  I asked for someone who could discuss our recent claim.

Once I got a person who was indeed able to "see" our claim docs, I merely asked if she had a separate phone extension and email.  She DID.  Good!

After that, I used email almost exclusively to contact her.

Perhaps you could try that approach?

GC

I'd like to weigh in on the poster's concerns, as I share them.  When my documents arrived last month for my upcoming August cruise, there was mention on the guest registration form (and a place to fill in on the form) that guests should add online any additional details or special events that Oceania could help with.  Our anniversary will happen during the week, and I was planning on mentioning it on the website, but cannot find where one adds any pertinent information.  I'm glad it's an anniversary and not a food allergy that I want to tell them about, because over 4 weeks have past now and not a word from O in answer to my guest inquiry.  We did not book through an agent, but through the rep at Oceania, with whom we had dealt quite successfully on our previous (and 1st O cruise).   I have not even tried to call her - she's busy and it's no big deal, but they shouldn't make it sound like they will reply and be caring about special circumstances, and not respond at all when a guest does write in.   And I shouldn't need to have a travel agent to book something that I think I could be able to handle on my own.   But maybe not...  

I understand your unhappiness given the situation.

Somewhere in the past I had an email address for the concierge on our ship.  I was setting up a Meet&Greet and suddenly they wanted me to contact this person rather than just meeting the concierge on boarding.  So I'd say that if you can find an email address for one of the officers on your cruise, that might solve your problem.

But you might not need to do that!  I had a birthday on a cruise a couple of years ago and I just told the concierge about that upon boarding.  If your anniversary is not on boarding day, I think you could do that as well.

They do make lovely cakes on such occasions ...

If you want to surprise your spouse, I'm sure talking to the concierge could accomplish that as well.

Mura

48 minutes ago, WFHFLOYD said:

I'd like to weigh in on the poster's concerns, as I share them.  When my documents arrived last month for my upcoming August cruise, there was mention on the guest registration form (and a place to fill in on the form) that guests should add online any additional details or special events that Oceania could help with.  Our anniversary will happen during the week, and I was planning on mentioning it on the website, but cannot find where one adds any pertinent information.  I'm glad it's an anniversary and not a food allergy that I want to tell them about, because over 4 weeks have past now and not a word from O in answer to my guest inquiry.  We did not book through an agent, but through the rep at Oceania, with whom we had dealt quite successfully on our previous (and 1st O cruise).   I have not even tried to call her - she's busy and it's no big deal, but they shouldn't make it sound like they will reply and be caring about special circumstances, and not respond at all when a guest does write in.   And I shouldn't need to have a travel agent to book something that I think I could be able to handle on my own.   But maybe not...  

I do not believe you can enter that info online anyway

Just call  that is why they are there

If they are too busy to add food allergies or special days  to your cruise planner then you may want to get a good TA  that can handle such requests 😉