When will I get assigned a room from a Ste. Guarantee

I snagged a JS guarantee last night for our cruise....just curious how long till we get assigned a room. We sail Harmony on Sept 1st. There are no JS available on this cruise and haven't been for weeks so I jumped on it....I know odds of getting higher are null and figure they have to juggle the upgrades etc...but I am just hoping for a good floor...I prefer lower 🙂

Edited by minnie00

23 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Anytime between now and when you show up to the pier.  There is no "usual" or "typical".

that is not what I wanted to hear 😂😂😂 I am such a planner. I like to "know" now. lol

8 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

that is not what I wanted to hear 😂😂😂 I am such a planner. I like to "know" now. lol

If your experience is like others who reported here recently, you may find your deck number and/or muster station before you find your stateroom number.

We booked our Gty JS in January for our September 13th Sailing on Ovation to Alaska. Suite number was allocated about 85 days out. We now have 62 days to go! Woohoo...

Funny thing, we were allocated the exact same suite number we had on Quantum out of China in 2016.. Awesome cabin, right in the middle of the hump, deck 6.  

Good luck with the cabin you get allocated! 👍

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up as we just booked our first Guarantee Suite on The Mariner - leaves in a month or so - there were a ton of suites showing as available and the deal was too good to pass up.

As of now, no room assignment yet, but fingers are crossed to at least know before reaching the Pier ?!?!

My last JS guarantee was not assigned until 5 days before the sail date.  I was most anxiously waiting to see what I would get, as the JS cabins had been sold out (per website) for weeks.  Which was why I booked the guarantee in the first place, was only thing available when I booked late.  

I didn't get a JS...had to settle for a GS instead.  😉 Got very lucky, and worth the wait.  🙂 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We were looking at guaranteed jr suite for a cruise next year. $1,000 less. Are jr or full suites ever obstructed view?

@Seville2Cabo

In my opinion, no.  Voyager and Freedom class aft Junior Suites are listed as obstructed, but I don't consider them so.  The superstructure on the back of the ship bothers some people, but it's not even a blip of a problem to me.  The last Junior Suites on Deck 10 aft of Radiance class ships have the window washing equipment outside the balcony, but again, not really a problem as far as I am concerned.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:27 PM, Marie51 said:

My cruise is three weeks away with a guaranteed balcony cabin. I’m still waiting for a cabin assignment.  Getting frustrated as I like to plan but my own fault.

Out of curiosity, what are you planning that is contingent on your cabin assignment?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

Out of curiosity, what are you planning that is contingent on your cabin assignment?

I’m not planning anything. I just want to know where my cabin is going to be located.  My son and I both booked guarantee balconies and we were hoping to at least be somewhere near each other.  Anyway we both got cabins assigned two days ago both on the same floor but at opposite ends.

Edited by Marie51

2 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

I’m not planning anything. I just want to know where my cabin is going to be located.  My son and I both booked guarantee balconies and we were hoping to at least be somewhere near each other.

My apologies for misunderstanding your statement  "Getting frustrated as I like to plan...". 

I can understand better booking two guarantee cabins and being curious if they will be anywhere near each other.

6 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

My apologies for misunderstanding your statement  "Getting frustrated as I like to plan...". 

I can understand better booking two guarantee cabins and being curious if they will be anywhere near each other.

No apology necessary 😊 since our bookings were linked we were hoping for cabins a little bit closer together but all is good.