Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
minnie00

When will I get assigned a room from a Ste. Guarantee

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, george35 said:

We booked a guaranteed BALCONY cabin for the B2B Sept. 1st cruise on the Harmony & we got our cabin # 2 weeks ago. Also for the Sept. 8th cruise.

 

george35

 

We are on the Sept 1st Harmony as well...still waiting. no JS available for weeks....but we will be fine with what we get. the JS are all in good locations on Harmony. ....wouldn't mind if we got upgraded...but not counting on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We were looking at guaranteed jr suite for a cruise next year. $1,000 less. Are jr or full suites ever obstructed view?

 

Aft facing suites are obstructed on Explorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 5:26 PM, minnie00 said:

I snagged a JS guarantee last night for our cruise....just curious how long till we get assigned a room. We sail Harmony on Sept 1st. There are no JS available on this cruise and haven't been for weeks so I jumped on it....I know odds of getting higher are null and figure they have to juggle the upgrades etc...but I am just hoping for a good floor...I prefer lower 🙂

Our son just received their stateroom number for our cruise next April on Symphony of the seas . But it’s a crap shoot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t know your cabin # till the day of cruising, what do you put on your luggage tags so that they get to the correct cabin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, doones2 said:

If you don’t know your cabin # till the day of cruising, what do you put on your luggage tags so that they get to the correct cabin?

 

The porters can look up your stateroom on the manifest and make tags for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

The porters can look up your stateroom on the manifest and make tags for you.

Thanks for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Thank you 

 

I told you that six hours ago in post #18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 5:55 PM, minnie00 said:

 

that is not what I wanted to hear 😂😂😂 I am such a planner. I like to "know" now. lol

 

14 hours ago, island lady said:

My last JS guarantee was not assigned until 5 days before the sail date.  I was most anxiously waiting to see what I would get, as the JS cabins had been sold out (per website) for weeks.  Which was why I booked the guarantee in the first place, was only thing available when I booked late.  

 

I didn't get a JS...had to settle for a GS instead.  😉 Got very lucky, and worth the wait.  🙂 

Wow that’s wonderful. We have a JS guarantee on Brilliance for Sept in the Med, no stateroom assignment yet and cruise is completely sold out !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Did a GTY once..got our cabin assignment two days before sailing. Never again!

Why never again?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pencruise said:

 

Wow that’s wonderful. We have a JS guarantee on Brilliance for Sept in the Med, no stateroom assignment yet and cruise is completely sold out !

 

The websites often do not show the full picture of stateroom inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who wonder about their assignment when it is ‘last minute’, if your ship uses the app, you can check there as you are traveling to your cruise. On the last gty cabin we booked, our cabin # populated in the app 3 days before as we were headed out. We had already printed the luggage tags, ready to fill in a deck/cabin number if we got it too late to reprint the tags. 

 

We are waiting on an assignment too, 45 days out...and a RoyalUp to boot. 🙂

 

Good luck to you all, our last assignment was a great location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, minnie00 said:

 

We are on the Sept 1st Harmony as well...still waiting. no JS available for weeks....but we will be fine with what we get. the JS are all in good locations on Harmony. ....wouldn't mind if we got upgraded...but not counting on that

 

September 1st is still a long way off.  I was assigned at 5 days prior.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pencruise said:

 

Wow that’s wonderful. We have a JS guarantee on Brilliance for Sept in the Med, no stateroom assignment yet and cruise is completely sold out !

 

Mine was on Oasis.

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

For those who wonder about their assignment when it is ‘last minute’, if your ship uses the app, you can check there as you are traveling to your cruise. On the last gty cabin we booked, our cabin # populated in the app 3 days before as we were headed out. We had already printed the luggage tags, ready to fill in a deck/cabin number if we got it too late to reprint the tags. 

 

We are waiting on an assignment too, 45 days out...and a RoyalUp to boot. 🙂

 

Good luck to you all, our last assignment was a great location.

I check the app all the time lol

 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

 

September 1st is still a long way off.  I was assigned at 5 days prior.  

anticipation will continue to build 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a balcony guarantee for a cruise on Enchantment for August 21, 2020. I have an idea we will be waiting a looong time before that gets assigned. 😵 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

I check the app all the time lol

 

anticipation will continue to build 

 

As do I. As do I. 😄

 

I think its part part of the excitement for me. lol

 

When that cabin number populates, it’s like I’ve won something for a moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

The porters can look up your stateroom on the manifest and make tags for you.

They make the best tags anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, holiday-shrek said:

They make the best tags anyway!

 

If you can read their scribble.  😉  I would only use porter tags if all else failed.  

 

BTW:  Have seen a few of those flimsy paper tags laying in the hallways on a few occasions.  Ooops...got torn off!  Wonder where that bag went?  😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

If you can read their scribble.  😉  I would only use porter tags if all else failed.  

 

BTW:  Have seen a few of those flimsy paper tags laying in the hallways on a few occasions.  Ooops...got torn off!  Wonder where that bag went?  😮 

Never had any problems!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, holiday-shrek said:

Never had any problems!

 

1 minute ago, holiday-shrek said:

Never had any problems!

 

That is good!  🙂  Not saying it will happen to you, but it has happened to some.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...