Question regarding price drops

cobber1967

Hello, we are new to MSC and have booked a cruise on the Seaview for next May 2020.  Since we booked I notice that now the same cruise and category is $350 cheaper than what we paid.  So my question is if I contact MSC will they honour the new reduced price or will I have to cancel and rebook to get the reduced price?

Thanks for your help.

My experience has been if there has been any change in the promotions offered it will require a cancellation of the old booking and rebooking at the new pricing level.  If nothing else has changed I have been able to get the lower price without cancelling, but it's not always easy.

I was able to call in and ask for an upgrade for the price I paid and was successful. Just call and ask, worst case scenario is you cancel and rebook for the lower rate. Best case, you either get the difference in credit or an upgrade to a better cabin.

I noticed a big drop in my fare today on MSC website and phoned customer service immediately.  They were fantastic!  Bottom line, they helped me to cancel my original inside cabin, re-book in an ocean view cabin and still saved almost 20% on the original fare.  

• Like 1

Yes it appears so for U.K. Bookings, I booked on direct for next year and a few months later noticed a deal with a TA which would be £1k less for same cruise. I rang TA and they advised MSC would not consider switching booking to lower price so booked lower price with TA and glad I did as since then the same cruise is £1500 more.

i haven't cancelled the direct booking yet as going to try switching to another cruise when I see one before final balance do, if not I lose £200 but gained £1000

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the input fellow cruisers.  I called MSC today,  they were able to cancel my original booking and rebook at the lower rate.  They also switched my existing deposit over to the lower rate.  I did have to change cabins but since they were both YC cabins they will be very similar.

BTW,,,, I have dealt with MSC Canada to make two changes now over the phone and I have to say their service has been prompt and efficient both times.  Unlike the terrible reviews the US customers are currently posting.  

Thanks for this thread.  It led me to review my cruise pricing and there was another drop (after last week's drop), so I contacted my agent and though it meant cancelling the first booking, I upgraded from Inside to Unobstructed Window and am still getting a 25% reduction on the price. 

• Like 1