Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ocbaylady

Bacardi Rum included in Easy Package

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if Bacardi Rum is one of the drinks included on the Easy Package. Any info would be appreciated.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comparison chart shows the following spirits for the Easy Package:

 

Selection of house spirits: Dewar's WL, Seagram's 7,Jim Beam, Bacardi, Beefeater, Smirnoff

 

Guess you are in luck!

Bret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Seems that they have improved the selection on the Easy package. A new menu posted on social media shows an increase in the number of cocktails available under Easy. They probably had a lot of complaints about the limited choice yet the price was only 10 or 20 cents more for a preferred brand which did not make sense. 

See the difference in these photos. The first one I took in Feb on the Meraviglia, the second was posted recently on social media although I notice my menu is in Euros and the second one is in Dollars it appears . 

883F69F9-E010-463F-923A-555C898496AC.jpeg

B4216638-C6FB-45CA-A78A-7A2A3CFAB002.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the one with US $ just for US sailings though???? has anyone got an updated menu for the med sailings? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:03 AM, ocbaylady said:

I was wondering if Bacardi Rum is one of the drinks included on the Easy Package. Any info would be appreciated.

 

Thank you!

Wasn't available on our March/April 2019 Med cruise on the MSC Opera.  Just Morgan's Spiced Rum.  With that and only one beer available under 6 euro we upgraded our package onboard.  It wasn't much and was well worth the cost.

 

hth 

 

Denise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Here's the Euro-priced list for wines & cocktails:

 

1459425689_EasyPackageDrinks.png.0435ee4fd3509b7088bb9ac6fc36790c.png

 

This is the same as the previous posted one by Heather , So I take it that the American itineraries have the updated better Easy package and the European Cruises still have less choice? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen anything other than what I've posted.

 

The drinks packages for US sailings have always been more comprehensive than Med sailings ones, though they were more expensive, too.  However, there's very little difference in the price for the Easy package between US-based and Europe-based sailings, which makes it a moot point.  It would be more understandable for the higher-cost packages (Premium and Prem+) as the difference is price is more substantial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad Aperol Sprits is not on the easy package. Love those!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dgshooter said:

Too bad Aperol Sprits is not on the easy package. Love those!

We found the Europe choices very disappointing, setting a limit of 6 euro when most drinks were 6.10 was a big let down for most of our fellow travellers .

Luckily it was not too much to upgrade for the two of us.  Our next cruise on MSC Armonia we have gone premium  but its out of Miami so will be interesting to see the difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 7:04 AM, heatherb1958 said:

Seems that they have improved the selection on the Easy package. A new menu posted on social media shows an increase in the number of cocktails available under Easy. They probably had a lot of complaints about the limited choice yet the price was only 10 or 20 cents more for a preferred brand which did not make sense. 

See the difference in these photos. The first one I took in Feb on the Meraviglia, the second was posted recently on social media although I notice my menu is in Euros and the second one is in Dollars it appears . 

883F69F9-E010-463F-923A-555C898496AC.jpeg

B4216638-C6FB-45CA-A78A-7A2A3CFAB002.jpeg

Thanks for this. Very interesting. We had already upgraded to premium due to the minimal Easy menu. We could easily live with this new menu and save the cash. They better be prepared for some unhappy campers if they will not refund the upgrade amount if this menu is the new standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, omarchs said:

They better be prepared for some unhappy campers if they will not refund the upgrade amount if this menu is the new standard.

 

From experience , they won't refund once you step foot onboard. Your best best is to try to get it refunded prior to sailing.

Bret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting these photos.  So I'm assuming that drinks like mojitos, Miami Vice, Mai Tai, Pina Colada would fall under the Premium Package?  For those who upgraded drink packages, do you remember how much (on the Seaside out of Miami)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vallemic said:

Thanks for posting these photos.  So I'm assuming that drinks like mojitos, Miami Vice, Mai Tai, Pina Colada would fall under the Premium Package?  For those who upgraded drink packages, do you remember how much (on the Seaside out of Miami)?

 

If you're asking how much it costs to upgrade from Easy ($35 pppd) to Premium ($62 pppd), it's $27 pppd (plus 15% service charge if done onboard, which isn't added if done before sailing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

 

If you're asking how much it costs to upgrade from Easy ($35 pppd) to Premium ($62 pppd), it's $27 pppd (plus 15% service charge if done onboard, which isn't added if done before sailing).

Bargain! ...🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻...slurp!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Bargain! ...🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻...slurp!!!!!!!!!!!

 

It's a no-brainer for Euros sailings as it's only €10 pppd to upgrade 😜  We have a non-YC, East Med sailing booked for Spring next year and I've immediately added the Premium to the booking (no way could I settle for Easy and no need for Prem+ as Premium has everything we want covered  👍 😎).  At €39 that's a bargain!!  🍾🍸🍷🍹

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

 

It's a no-brainer for Euros sailings as it's only €10 pppd to upgrade 😜  We have a non-YC, East Med sailing booked for Spring next year and I've immediately added the Premium to the booking (no way could I settle for Easy and no need for Prem+ as Premium has everything we want covered  👍 😎).  At €39 that's a bargain!!  🍾🍸🍷🍹

Oh agree totally Bea! No point bording without Premium as the floor and plus if it all works out. I've settled for Premium without plus on Grandiosa 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, citizenfrank said:

Oh agree totally Bea! No point bording without Premium as the floor and plus if it all works out. I've settled for Premium without plus on Grandiosa 😀

Thanks for the info!  Last question... If I stick with the Easy Drink Package and decide to purchase a drink not included in that package, will I be charged the full amount of that drink or do I get a $6 credit off that drink (as a $6 limit is included in the Easy Package)?

Thanks again for all your help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you purchase a drink outside of your package it's the full price of the drink, plus the 15% service charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...