Navigator| Deck 11

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar post.  I can't offer any recommendations.  I was looking for feedback from anyone who has stayed in the new staterooms on Deck 11.  But I think it's going to be really cool to be that close to the pool, and the solarium in between will be a good buffer for the noise (I hope).  Plus they are brand new.  I have an inside stateroom booked for next June.

Just a personal opinion, but I would not like to stay in them.  I like being mid to aft, not so far forward.  My husband's son is staying in the very front on a cruise in Jan when we all go together, so will be interesting to see their cabin and see how he likes being right in front of the ship

On 8/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, karena1 said:

Just a personal opinion, but I would not like to stay in them.  I like being mid to aft, not so far forward.  My husband's son is staying in the very front on a cruise in Jan when we all go together, so will be interesting to see their cabin and see how he likes being right in front of the ship

Can I ask why?  I've only been on 3 cruises - so not terribly familiar with the differences.  Rocking of the boat maybe?  Or just ease of getting around?

1 hour ago, JosieCat-MN said:

Can I ask why?  I've only been on 3 cruises - so not terribly familiar with the differences.  Rocking of the boat maybe?  Or just ease of getting around?

One, my husband like to be close to the elevator, but yes, I think there is more motion up front.  We have been forward before, but we prefer mid to aft cabins.  It is not that we will not do forward, just not our first choice

Edited by karena1

We were in stateroom 1110 with our kids across the way in an interior. We all loved this location as we also like the panoramic ocean view rooms. The proximity to the pool is a big draw for us and it’s an easy elevator or walk down the stairs to the promenade. With the Bahama trip, we felt very little motion being on the front of the ship. We would not hesitate to book these again. 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:03 PM, JosieCat-MN said:

You'll find more motion higher up and farther forward or aft.   Likely won't be much of a problem, but it could be.  I don't get motion sickness (career Pilot and former Coast Guard).  But we did a Bridge Tour on Freedom of the Seas and I have to admit that the motion on the bridge did start to bother me a bit.  So just be forewarned.  

Edited by papaflamingo

I personally wouldn't chose that deck:

1- public area/space above on deck 12 (chaise lounges that willl be moved alot and deck washed down during the night, pool, fitness center....alot of traffic and possible noise)

2-  The doors be kept opening due to the flow of traffic and my concern is that it may be too warm in the hallways

3-  I also be concerned that it be too noisy with the traffic flow 

I only like cabins that have cabins on top of me and no public space.

We had a panoramic ocean view on deck 11 and absolutely loved it. Walked out our door and a short walk down the hall and onto the deck above the pool. Next to pool bar and music and a quick trip back to the room if needed. If you like chilling on deck as we do, these are perfect rooms. As my wife has issues with motion sickness, we booked a cabin that was as far away from the front as possible. Had no problems at all. We will book these same rooms again whenever they are available.

On 8/14/2019 at 4:20 PM, karena1 said:

One, my husband like to be close to the elevator, but yes, I think there is more motion up front.  We have been forward before, but we prefer mid to aft cabins.  It is not that we will not do forward, just not our first choice

These cabins are very close to the forward elevators.

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I personally wouldn't chose that deck:

1- public area/space above on deck 12 (chaise lounges that willl be moved alot and deck washed down during the night, pool, fitness center....alot of traffic and possible noise) There are not any public areas above these new cabins. The Panoramic Ocean rooms are on deck 12.  The spa is above the interior rooms; but our kids never heard anything. 

2-  The doors be kept opening due to the flow of traffic and my concern is that it may be too warm in the hallways Never noticed that the hallways were any different in temperature than any other hallway. 

3-  I also be concerned that it be too noisy with the traffic flow There is very little traffic with these rooms. Depending on the room that was selected, you would have no more than 5-10 cabins beyond your stateroom. It’s probably much less traffic than most staterooms would have. 

I only like cabins that have cabins on top of me and no public space.

51 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

What are the balcony's like 1152, 1150, 1100, 1102,1104?  I can't find any youtube videos of them.  Wouldn't they be really really windy?

We were in 1106 and our neighbors allowed us to see their cabin as they also wanted to see ours. 1104 is narrow but long enough to accommodate 2 loungers. The wind and motion weren’t problems for us. 

• 1 year later...

You

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks, I'm always interested in cruising video's... 🙂 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Longer balconies nice, but not sure I'm crazy about the view which isnt wide open. 

These would be more awesome on the aft than the front.

Thanks for the video

I'm glad someone liked the video! I had a hard time finding one, so I thought I'd share. I'm not sure how I feel about the balcony. I think for me, there has been some question about the panoramic suites above and not having any privacy, and that would probably be the deal breaker for me. But then, aft balconies are often tiered so that if you are on lower decks, there isn't as much privacy there either.

54 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

You

I'm glad someone liked the video! I had a hard time finding one, so I thought I'd share. I'm not sure how I feel about the balcony. I think for me, there has been some question about the panoramic suites above and not having any privacy, and that would probably be the deal breaker for me. But then, aft balconies are often tiered so that if you are on lower decks, there isn't as much privacy there either.

I'd definitely give it a try if available.  I love the similar aft facing ones. I'm not to concerned about the privacy issue.  I'm not dressed or doing anything on my balcony that is especially private.  Mostly just sitting, reading and having a drink.  The only down side for me would be the protecting shields affecting my picture taking.  

• Like 1