Connecting cabins on Reflection

nikel

It's been a while since I was on Reflection, but never had a connecting cabin.  I know the connection is on the inside, but do the doors from the hallway open the same way as on the other S class ships when the cabins connect,  that  the doors open into the cabin against the bathroom door or out into the hallway.  Thanks.

9 hours ago, nikel said:

It's been a while since I was on Reflection, but never had a connecting cabin.  I know the connection is on the inside, but do the doors from the hallway open the same way as on the other S class ships when the cabins connect,  that  the doors open into the cabin against the bathroom door or out into the hallway.  Thanks.

When we sailed on the Eclipse in a connecting cabin, I was pleased that the connection was not really inside the cabin side walls but the cabin doors became the connection once the outside  hallway doors were closed. Sorry I can't remember positively, but I believe the cabin doors folded in toward the bathroom .  

Penney, they open in the interior, about across from the bathroom.  I had one on a Reflection TA that I think you were on (Monica was our roll-call keeper).  She had the other side and I never heard her, but then again we were both traveling solo.

Just now, nikel said:

Connecting cabins on Reflection, the stateroom door opens out into the little alcove.   On the other S-Class ships, the stateroom doors for connecting cabins open into the cabin.    🍷

On the Reflection TA in Oct 17, I was in 1136 and Monica was in 1138.  I guarantee they opened through interior doors, not the outer doors.  The Reflection is the ship that is different from the other S-class connecting rooms.

17 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Connecting cabins on Reflection, the stateroom door opens out into the little alcove.   On the other S-Class ships, the stateroom doors for connecting cabins open into the cabin.    🍷

Perfect that was the answer I was looking for.!!  I don't like when the hallway door smashes into the bathroom door !

On 7/13/2019 at 10:50 AM, nikel said:

You'll see an extra pair of doors in the hallway instead of a door in the wall between two cabins.

2wprmtv.jpg&key=4a3d470e797b45c4d1943f7c

Different view of the interconnecting doors and the exterior door 🙂

8274787213_077b1be4f8_c.jpg&key=45de3b02

2lxdml2.jpg&key=11a95178e554e0c97f5b8ace

46 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

You'll see an extra pair of doors in the hallway instead of a door in the wall between two cabins.

2wprmtv.jpg&key=4a3d470e797b45c4d1943f7c

Different view of the interconnecting doors and the exterior door 🙂

8274787213_077b1be4f8_c.jpg&key=45de3b02

2lxdml2.jpg&key=11a95178e554e0c97f5b8ace

This is how they connect on all S Class ships EXCEPT the Reflection. The Reflection connects inside of the cabin.

1 minute ago, Purplsmurf said:

This is how they connect on all S Class ships EXCEPT the Reflection. The Reflection connects inside of the cabin.

Another reason to dislike the Reflection.  And we are sailing on it twice in the next year (itinerary driven).

Just now, ECCruise said:

Another reason to dislike the Reflection.  And we are sailing on it twice in the next year (itinerary driven).

There are plenty of staterooms on Reflection that are not connecting.  Shouldn't be a problem getting a non-connecting stateroom.  🍷

1 minute ago, Wine-O said:

There are plenty of staterooms on Reflection that are not connecting.  Shouldn't be a problem getting a non-connecting stateroom.  🍷

We don't have a connecting SR on either sailing. Just a comment of what I see in deficiencies on that ship. JMHO. 

Just now, nikel said:

Perfect that was the answer I was looking for.!!  I don't like when the hallway door smashes into the bathroom door !

We were in 1247 on Equinox, and didn't like that either, the outside door smashing into the bathroom door when it is open.  For that reason, will not book a connecting cabin on any of the S-Class, nor Reflection with connection inside the stateroom.  🍷

49 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We were in 1247 on Equinox, and didn't like that either, the outside door smashing into the bathroom door when it is open.  For that reason, will not book a connecting cabin on any of the S-Class, nor Reflection with connection inside the stateroom.  🍷

Funny you say that, I just managed to switch my cabin yesterday out of the 1247 on Eclipse..  I'm not worried about the inside connection.  If my neighbours are noisy, a towel at the bottom of the  door opening will help.

21 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I respectfully disagree. We had connecting CC cabins 1136 and 1138 on Reflection in November, and the connecting doors were interior.  A bit weird that our two rooms had different attendants...

13 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

I respectfully disagree. We had connecting CC cabins 1136 and 1138 on Reflection in November, and the connecting doors were interior.  A bit weird that our two rooms had different attendants...

I think you misunderstood his statement, my original question was "where does the stateroom door open into".  I was not asking about the connecting door.  I know that one is inside the cabin, which I agree with you, is great for families.