Theme nights

karri08

August 3, 2019 MSC Seaside will be our first cruise.  Ever.   We have a ton of questions but I have most of them answered through searching the forums here.  A couple that I can't find answers to are

1. MSC told my husband there aren't theme nights on this cruise (other than white night).  Is that normal?  I was expecting a 70;s night or Gatsby night and wanted to be prepared but they said no.  

2.  We booked a massage (it's our 20 yr anniversary) but there wasn't a spot to make special requests.  We were hoping for a couples massage.  Is there a way to request that prior to boarding?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, karri08 said:

August 3, 2019 MSC Seaside will be our first cruise.  Ever.   We have a ton of questions but I have most of them answered through searching the forums here.  A couple that I can't find answers to are

1. MSC told my husband there aren't theme nights on this cruise (other than white night).  Is that normal?  I was expecting a 70;s night or Gatsby night and wanted to be prepared but they said no.  

There's definitely theme nights on Seaside: Gatsby/Elegant (Sunday), then there's White night Disco/70s/Flower power night, Pirate night, Cowboy/Western night and Elegant night (Thursday).

2.  We booked a massage (it's our 20 yr anniversary) but there wasn't a spot to make special requests.  We were hoping for a couples massage.  Is there a way to request that prior to boarding?

If it's just a basic massage you want as a couple's treatment, I don't think you can book that (or indicate that) in advance. You'll need to head directly to the spa upon boarding to book your time.  And be prepared to potentially pay extra for a couple's treatment versus solo (not sure, but be prepared just in case as generally couple's treatment cost more than doing them separately, even at the same time). 

There are several couple's packages you can book in advance, the Relaxing Wave is quite a good deal - in advance, for instance. Comes with the thermal pass, which is great to enjoy and relax before and after your massage, etc. 

Thank you!

Have a great time!

13 hours ago, karri08 said:

Thank you so much!  The 70's theme is held on every cruise then?  We were really hoping for this one.  😊

Every cruise on Seaside

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

reedprincess, does that repeat with the alternating itineraries?

Same every week. 

Order may chnage based in Itinerary, and of course if there's a special holiday like Halloween or Christmas, etc, there's some deviation for those 

12 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Every cruise on Seaside

Same every week. 

Order may chnage based in Itinerary, and of course if there's a special holiday like Halloween or Christmas, etc, there's some deviation for those 

Thank you for your help 

Just got off a week-long cruise on the Seaside. Two Elegant nights (one Gatsby-themed), a 70s night, and one White night. Almost everyone followed the Elegant (though not necessarily Gatsby) and White dress codes, very few dressed for 70s night. Worth noting all dress codes are "suggested".

Have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, AMBGlobetrotter said:

Just got off a week-long cruise on the Seaside. Two Elegant nights (one Gatsby-themed), a 70s night, and one White night. Almost everyone followed the Elegant (though not necessarily Gatsby) and White dress codes, very few dressed for 70s night. Worth noting all dress codes are "suggested".

Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much!  Do you happen to have any pictures of Gatsby night that you'd be willing to share?

Edited by karri08

32 minutes ago, karri08 said:

Thanks so much!  Do you happen to have any pictures of Gatsby night that you'd be willing to share?

I didn't take any, sorry!

It seemed to almost exclusively be taking place in the Haven Lounge, with a giant Gatsby arch to walk through at the entrance.

This video gives you an idea of what it's like (when we walked through there were many more people!) 

32 minutes ago, AMBGlobetrotter said:

I didn't take any, sorry!

It seemed to almost exclusively be taking place in the Haven Lounge, with a giant Gatsby arch to walk through at the entrance.

This video gives you an idea of what it's like (when we walked through there were many more people!) 

Thanks so much!  I'd love to dress up as I have a flapper dress but it looks like I'd be out of place.  Lol

1 hour ago, karri08 said:

Thanks so much!  I'd love to dress up as I have a flapper dress but it looks like I'd be out of place.  Lol

You wouldn't be out of place at all. While the video above shows a small segment of the party, in reality, there's a very good proportion who dress up for Gatsby, whether full bore or just some accessories. It's easily the second most dressed up/participation after White night 

Absolutely go for it - you won't be out if place at all!!