Probably a stupid question

judla

To download the Celebrity Cruises Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract for all ships except Celebrity Xpedition,

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Cruise-Ticket-Contract-Celebrity.pdf

It says in the top :

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO GUESTS
YOUR CRUISE/CRUISETOUR TICKET CONTRACT CONTAINS IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS ON THE RIGHTS OF PASSENGERS.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CAREFULLY READ ALL TERMS OF THIS CONTRACT, PAYING PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO
SECTION 3 AND SECTIONS 9 THROUGH 11, WHICH LIMIT OUR LIABILITY AND YOUR RIGHT TO SUE, AND RETAIN IT FOR
FUTURE REFERENCE.

10 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

To download the Celebrity Cruises Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract for all ships except Celebrity Xpedition,

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Cruise-Ticket-Contract-Celebrity.pdf

It says in the top :

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO GUESTS
YOUR CRUISE/CRUISETOUR TICKET CONTRACT CONTAINS IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS ON THE RIGHTS OF PASSENGERS.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CAREFULLY READ ALL TERMS OF THIS CONTRACT, PAYING PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO
SECTION 3 AND SECTIONS 9 THROUGH 11, WHICH LIMIT OUR LIABILITY AND YOUR RIGHT TO SUE, AND RETAIN IT FOR
FUTURE REFERENCE.

It's retained on Celebrity's website.  No need to retain it elsewhere or print it and kill more trees.

On 7/14/2019 at 6:32 AM, chemmo said:

We always take paper proof of all aspects of our cruise. Sometimes we don’t need it but on other occasions it has been useful. 

For example, we have boarded and not had OBC applied. Not there on boarding, customer services assured us it would be posted in the first few days. Day three when we returned to the desk they said they had bo record of it. We were able to show them our invoice and an email that referred to the OBC...

We also print out details of any prebooked meals, excursions etc. Whilst this may seem ‘over the top’ they can be useful occasionally. For example, we have boarded and had a morning tour swapped to an afternoon and been able to show the excursions desk that we specifically booked the morning...

We cruise with our express pass, passport to hand but a plastic wallet with about another 6/10 sheets in it ‘just in case’. Takes next to no room and much better than having to start a cruise with an issue.

Totally agree with you on taking copies especially of the original booking. On our last cruise our drinks package had not been applied onboard. Guest relations called Miami and they didn't seem to have any knowledge of it but luckily we had proof and they accepted it. Also we were asked to show a copy of our ESTA at check in. I have no idea why as we wouldn't have been allowed into the country without it but as it's electronic there should be no need to carry a copy. Again I had it with me 'just in case'  but I still don't know if this is a new requirement as we've never been asked for it before. 

30 minutes ago, lovescarborough said:

Totally agree with you on taking copies especially of the original booking. On our last cruise our drinks package had not been applied onboard. Guest relations called Miami and they didn't seem to have any knowledge of it but luckily we had proof and they accepted it. Also we were asked to show a copy of our ESTA at check in. I have no idea why as we wouldn't have been allowed into the country without it but as it's electronic there should be no need to carry a copy. Again I had it with me 'just in case'  but I still don't know if this is a new requirement as we've never been asked for it before. 

this is all good stuff.  Have proof of anything you bought before you board.  The communication breakdown on all these ships can be terrible at times.  I have had to produce such proof on a few occasions.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:38 PM, TeaBag said:

Thank you so much.  You are the only one who has ever commented on the photo.  She is our sixth and the most loving of them all.

We have black and tan coon hounds and are dog lovers. In fact I often have been known to say, "Dogs are human, too". Nice that you use her photo!

On 7/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, TeaBag said:

You don't even need to have it.  One time we had a terrible time trying to print our express pass.  I was quite upset.  Even the supervisor couldn't get it to work.  We went without it and our check in was maybe 5 mins longer.  We don't have the app. either.

I went through the process and downloaded the app, not thinking, of course. We will next be on Eclipse which doesn't talk to the app. It should do so after it's been revolted this fall. Summit next fall for us and it uses the app.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:55 PM, judla said:

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I need the answer anyhow.  I just completed our on-line check in and it says to bring it plus your original cruise contract.  We have neve done this before.  Do they mean the papers we received from our travel agent?  Thanks for answering my "stupid question".

It is certainly not a "stupid question" at all.

There is no need to print that stuff.

It is very easy to save it as an attachment to an email, or in cloud storage, where you can access it from the ship, or from a hotel, or anywhere else, should you ever need it (which is unlikely).

But if you should need it, which occasionally may happen, you can view the documents then to show to whomever, and/or print out only the specific pages that you need at that time.

The only thing we print to take with us is the first page of the xpress pass, because it makes boarding a little faster (saving us maybe 5 minutes at check in) .

A number of people don't even bother to print that one page anymore but just have it available to show on an electronic device (just as they do with their boarding passes at airports).

Having that one page available to show (either electronically or printed out), in addition to your passport,  makes access to the port area faster at ports that have high security, plus making access to the ship itself a little faster.

After you have checked in on-line, you should be able to print out your cruise 'boarding pass'.  It will have a barcode at the top which your check-in agent at the pier will scan and all your info will pop up on their computer screen.  This, along with your passport and credit card will make your check-in go quickly and smoothly.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:55 PM, judla said:

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I need the answer anyhow.  I just completed our on-line check in and it says to bring it plus your original cruise contract.  We have neve done this before.  Do they mean the papers we received from our travel agent?  Thanks for answering my "stupid question".

did it actually say "Original Cruise contract"? Or was it "Original travel documents"? I have seen the latter phrase used often, which means Original Passports, visas, etc - anything that indicates you are authorized to travel wherever you are bound to.