excellent prices on Caribbean cruises 2020

susiesan

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Should not find it hard to get out of South Florida on Sat.   Everyone else will be going the other way I would think. 

Yes, that's what I am thinking. But Saturday is a busy cruise turn around day with all of the other ships that depart and return on a Saturday. We would fly into MIA on Jan. 24, the day before the Jan. 25 sailing, and get a cheap hotel or airbnb for the one night. I have until Oct. 19 when final payment is due to cancel the cruise if I can't find decent airfare.

Edited by susiesan

Checked the O web site today. The Jan. 25, 2020 Sirena sailing is starting to fill up. A few categories are even waitlisted. Nothing like a good deal to get people to take a cruise, including me. 😎

On 7/14/2019 at 11:27 AM, susiesan said:

I got a mailing from O and also saw online about great deals on Caribbean cruises for early 2020. I am assuming that after Cuba cruises were cancelled that these cruises on Sirena and Riviera are thee substitutes that O came up with. Looks like no one is interested in booking them, that O is trying to fill the ships. I wasn't planning on taking another cruise before my next O Baltic cruise in June 2020 but these prices are too good to pass up. They all go from Miami which is an easy cheap place to fly to. I have asked my TA to get me the very best cruise only deal possible, will see what she comes up with. For some reason, If I price similar itineraries out per day cabins on Riviera are 50% more than on Sirena. What's that all about?

Susie - We did not get this particular mailing, but get so many Ocrania mailings to our home. I appreciate the notice!

We are looking for a warm weather escape from the cold Canadian winter. Thanks again.

Edited by pandaTO
spelling

1 hour ago, Rebels82 said:

A “thank you” from us also! We booked the 1/25/2020 Sirena and got the aft cabin we wanted!

I started a roll call for our cruise, it is here: 

Hopefully you will sign on Rebels 82 and we can start planning a meet & greet and other activities. I booked as cruise only and have no included shore excursions and will be planning to do my own thing in the 4 ports we visit.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:27 AM, susiesan said:

I got a mailing from O and also saw online about great deals on Caribbean cruises for early 2020. I am assuming that after Cuba cruises were cancelled that these cruises on Sirena and Riviera are thee substitutes that O came up with. Looks like no one is interested in booking them, that O is trying to fill the ships. I wasn't planning on taking another cruise before my next O Baltic cruise in June 2020 but these prices are too good to pass up. They all go from Miami which is an easy cheap place to fly to. I have asked my TA to get me the very best cruise only deal possible, will see what she comes up with. For some reason, If I price similar itineraries out per day cabins on Riviera are 50% more than on Sirena. What's that all about?

I received an email from my TA for Caribbean Cruise in early 2020.   Inside cabin reduced to $599 O Life Choice.   I don’t do Inside cabins, but instead  booked a PH1 at an unbelievable price.   TA said Oceania is having a difficult time filling up ships because Cuba itineraries cancelled.  Many PAXs backed out of their cruises.    Thus the fire sale prices. 

Edited by Kingofcool1947

19 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

I received an email from my TA for Caribbean Cruise in early 2020.   Inside cabin reduced to $599 O Life Choice.   I don’t do Inside cabins, but instead  booked a PH1 at an unbelievable price.   TA said Oceania is having a difficult time filling up ships because Cuba itineraries cancelled.  Many PAXs backed out of their cruises.    Thus the fire sale prices. 

That is an unbelievable price, much much better than mine. $599 for an inside with O Life included is $1000 less than what shows on the O web site. You have a great TA, Kingofcool1947. What date sailing was this for? Maybe I can figure out how to get this rate for my cruise.

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

That is an unbelievable price, much much better than mine. $599 for an inside with O Life included is $1000 less than what shows on the O web site. You have a great TA, Kingofcool1947. What date sailing was this for? Maybe I can figure out how to get this rate for my cruise.

That is a great price... 40% less than O's website at $999 for an inside without O Life.  We've sailed O once and I'd love to go again, but the pricing/timing/itineraries just haven't worked out.  I keep looking, though!

Edited by hiccups

19 hours ago, hiccups said:

That is a great price... 40% less than O's website at $999 for an inside without O Life.  We've sailed O once and I'd love to go again, but the pricing/timing/itineraries just haven't worked out.  I keep looking, though!

I'm thinking there is a typo, should be $1599 for an inside with O life choice. Maybe Kingofcool will clarify. If it is true, it's going to drive me crazy trying to find the TA offering that deal so I can change to it. I'd be happy to give up the window for such a sweet deal. 

1 minute ago, susiesan said:

I'm thinking there is a typo, should be $1599 for an inside with O life choice. Maybe Kingofcool will clarify. If it is true, it's going to drive me crazy trying to find the TA offering that deal so I can change to it. I'd be happy to give up the window for such a sweet deal. 

I hear you... I checked several of the online TAs and didn't find anything, either!  We can't go on that sailing anyway, but I still like to see the deals.  

After searching online, the lowest fares for Caribbean that  I have seen for 7 days sailing ranged between $899.00 and $949 (sailing dates in Oct and Nov of 2019, and then in Jan, Feb, and Mar of 2020).  One of the sailings had a $300 OBC, while the others had $100 (for a cabin). Also saw a ten day sailing in October for $1299 with an OBC of $500. Have not run across any $599 fares at this point. 

Hoping Kingofcool will clarify re the fare for the sailing. Happy online searching to all.

18 minutes ago, nancyshaw said:

Interesting that even with the reduction, the Dec 28, new years sailing , 11 days on Insignia has lots of availability. Any explanation for that? You would think that it would be all sold out.

some people just do not want to go to the Caribbean 

We are on the December 5th cruise Riviera.  There has been no reduction in price.  Some categories are sold out.  We did get an offer to cruise the prior 10 day cruise for an amazingly low price - supposedly only for those who would then do back to back.  We could not take them up on it but possibly this is where some very low prices have been noted.  

On 7/28/2019 at 9:59 AM, aquidneck1 said:

We are on the December 5th cruise Riviera.  There has been no reduction in price.  Some categories are sold out.  We did get an offer to cruise the prior 10 day cruise for an amazingly low price - supposedly only for those who would then do back to back.  We could not take them up on it but possibly this is where some very low prices have been noted.  

The super low prices are on the 4 -7 day Sirena sailings, Jan. 6 ,25, Feb. 11, 18. Those were the cruises initially to be all Cuba cruises.

Edited by susiesan