I wish Oasis and Quantum class did longer Caribbean itineraries.

We would love to see some little longer cruises also.  Flying from the West coast it would be nice to have 10-11 days, still have a working person so 14 is a little long to be out of work, especially if he does not work he does not get paid.

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

More like half a sea day.....🤔

Another problem is the same entertainment for 2 weeks...👎🙄

With so much to do on Oasis Class you don't have to repeat the entertainment... 

If there are 5 or 6 shows that repeat do 3 one leg and the other 3 the next leg... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

With so much to do on Oasis Class you don't have to repeat the entertainment... 

If there are 5 or 6 shows that repeat do 3 one leg and the other 3 the next leg... 

Still does NOT change the fakt of the amount of entertainment = for 1 week only.....the second week will be only be 1 or maybe 2 options...IF the headliner changes....😱

With longer cruises they usually add a lot more options.....!👍

Do not find Oasis-calss too desirable to begin with...🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

Still does NOT change the fakt of the amount of entertainment = for 1 week only.....the second week will be only be 1 or maybe 2 options...IF the headliner changes....😱

Do not find Oasis-calss too desirable to begin with...🙄

It doesn't change it... That was my point in saying do different things each leg so you are not repeating things. 

Do you think they should have different broadway shows each week or a different broadway show for eastern and one for western?

Why stop there... why not a new cruise director and/or activity director each week. and so on...

Edited by LilBlackDress

I don't think anyone disputes that a longer cruise is superior to consecutive cruises.  The problem is the dearth of longer itineraries on Royal.   Those longer itineraries are not as popular with their target demographic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Do you think they should have different broadway shows each week or a different broadway show for eastern and one for western? ...

This should be international law if one of the shows is CATS.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Heatherco said:

Anyone else wish these ships did longer itineraries in the Caribbean?  We tend to cruise in the winter and fly from New England.  With that in mind, I am always looking for a longer itinerary to get the most days out of of the cold weather and in the warm sun.  Unfortunately, every time I look I never find a 9 night or longer on Oasis or Allure, etc..  For this February we are booked on a 9 night on the Explorer.  While I am very excited, I do wish I had the option of going on one of the larger ships since a seven day itinerary doesn’t give as much time to enjoy both the ship and the ports.  Wonder why they  don’t....

I agree with you. I always found it ironic that the biggest, most amenities packed ship where you could not possible see and do everything on the ship in 7 days does not offer longer cruises.  Meanwhile older, smaller ships with less amenities like the Grandeur or Radiance-class ships routinely do 11+ days.

Like Bob said, it probably doesn't fit the demographics.  Or to force people to do a B2B cruise or to come back for a second time

We kind of have the same issue. We travel all the way from India which costs a fortune & takes nearly a day to travel. So if we're spending so much time and money, it makes sense to have a longer cruise. We tried the Allure in 2016 and absolutely loved it. But we found 7N too short. Which is why we're looking at Celebrity Cruises which is part of the Royal Caribbean family. Their S class ships (Equinox, etc) does 10/11N cruises to the Southern Caribbean ports.  

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't think anyone disputes that a longer cruise is superior to consecutive cruises.  The problem is the dearth of longer itineraries on Royal.   Those longer itineraries are not as popular with their target demographic.

I’m curious, what is the target demographic?

57 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Families with children is a significant component of the demographic.

That’s an interesting one. We are a family of 5 (4 year old to a teenager). For us shorter itineraries aren’t worth it. If you pay for 5 flights then the cost per night goes down the longer the holiday. Also, anyone who has travelled with young children will know that the travel days are not fun (think herding cats). Young kids can take a couple of days to settle in new surroundings, kids club, etc. In short we book 10+ where possible. 

22 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

That’s an interesting one. We are a family of 5 (4 year old to a teenager). For us shorter itineraries aren’t worth it. If you pay for 5 flights then the cost per night goes down the longer the holiday. Also, anyone who has travelled with young children will know that the travel days are not fun (think herding cats). Young kids can take a couple of days to settle in new surroundings, kids club, etc. In short we book 10+ where possible. 

Seems to be that with overseas travellers however the majority of the cruisers are from the US where 1 week vacations for families are the norm.  

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I wouldn't mind a turn around day in Barcelona.   Cape Liberty? I don't think so.

We've enjoyed San Juan turnaround day several times. 

Just now, Host Clarea said:

We've enjoyed San Juan turnaround day several times. 

We have sailed many times from San Juan. You really feel like you get a full vacation even on embarkation day by flying in a day early. NJ and Florida not so much. 

• Like 1

Love the longer cruises and do them out of the northeast.  The turnaround days on shorter trips don’t bother me though especially since some ships are now not requiring passengers to actually get off the ships — the customs agents come onboard.  The consecutive cruiser luncheon also is a nice feature.  But I would do all 12+ days if I could! Katherine

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’m curious, what is the target demographic?

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Families with children is a significant component of the demographic.

That and then add that the majority of passangers are Americans, that have few vaccation days (compared to most European countries). 

• Like 1

Michael Bayley was asked this specific question on last years Presidents cruise during the Q&A. He said it was worth investigating— for what that is worth. 

Given that the itineraries are developed years in advance, it will probably be a while before this could occur, maybe 2022. 

Let’s play Itinerary Planner, using ports that can handle an Oasis Class ship. 

Day 1- Depart Ft Lauderdale

Day 2. - Sea Day

Day 3 - Cozumel

Day 4 - Costa Maya

Day 5 - Roatan

Day 6. - Sea Day

Day 7 - Labadee 

Day 8 - Sea Day

Day 9 - San Juan

Day 10 -Sea Day

Day 11- Arrive Ft. Lauderdale