Most weight gained on a cruise?

Jasonmom

For me, the weight gain was about a pound a day more or less. . My largest gain was 9 pounds. Damn the ice cream. 

About three cruises ago...and to minimize the weight gain,  I changed my 'food' tactics.  Yes I still ate two breakfasts, but I stopped ordering the appetizer and dessert at dinner.  Did it help? Well my cruise weight gains have only been in the 3 pound range since.  And like someone else mentioned, the post cruise weight loss seems to  be fast.

I have cruised over 14 times....iI have gotten to a level of acceptance....It's a cruise, it's partly about the food, it's your vacation, park the guilt, bring some clothes which are one size up (just in case) .....and enjoy yourself.... 

Remember, you do not have to eat the 'whole' thing....and sharing is awesome. 

No, I am not giving up the second breakfast.

• Like 1

That's a good attitude.  I decided about 20 years ago that I was never going to died again.  And I haven't, although I have lost some weight.  I don't eat two breakfasts - actually at home, if I am not going to PT in the morning, I don't eat breakfast until about 10-11 o'clock.  I'm just not hungry before then.  On a cruise, I eat breakfast, but I try to limit the number of pastries I eat.  It helps that I don't really like Danish pastries, and it is possible for a donut to be too sweet (for me).  For the rest of the meals, I order one thing from each section of the menu, but if I don't like it, I don't eat it.  So if I have forgotten that I don't like it and ordered smoked salmon or if the "Waldorf type salad" has more bitter greens than apples and pears, I just don't eat that part of the meal and do not order a replacement.  And if I am full, I just stop eating - if I have had a taste, and I like it but I'm full, then I stop with a taste.

Get it out of your head that this is some kind of 'will-power' on my part.  It isn't.  I just don't like to be over-full.

I admit to yo-yo dieting.  But honestly it’s all with cruising.  We cruise 2-3 times a year and go on longer cruises.  I average 1/2 pound per day that wants to stay on.  I don’t eat breakfast, never fill my plate at lunch, walk a lot but I think the sugary drinks get me.  We have a 5 night coming up in less then a month.  I’m still trying to get November’s cruise weight off.  I may stick to keto, no bread or desserts but not sure I can say no to the lemon drop martinis. I need to or I won’t be able to get into my cruise clothes for April.